Ncbike 3/17 & 18 2012

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Well I made it to NC @ around mid night and got in before they locked the gate. I enlisted a ride share through the TPM web site. A young fellow named Eric on a 675. The seems to know much of the coaching staff and ran nearly 20 days last year so I just may get some pointers. Well time for some shut eye. Hope tomorrow goes well.

Pete I guess I should have used that other clear on the tank. Fin safety gas cans that burp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nope, havnt been but have seen the overhead pics. Looks like that long turn could spit you out in the front straight. I think they put up a little fence.

But it looks like a great track, wish I was still in NC so i could ride it.

Well I made it to NC @ around mid night and got in before they locked the gate. I enlisted a ride share through the TPM web site. A young fellow named Eric on a 675. The seems to know much of the coaching staff and ran nearly 20 days last year so I just may get some pointers. Well time for some shut eye. Hope tomorrow goes well.

Pete I guess I should have used that other clear on the tank. Fin safety gas cans that burp.

A young fellow???? are you a chickenhawk you freak!!!! seriously keep it safe and have fun!!!! I see that TPM is running that track again over the next couple months.

I hope you have a great and safe weekend, I cant wait to try that track it looks great from the photos posted. No worries on the tank you can just clean it up when you get back and use the engine enamal whilte. I did the same thing on my first rattle can paint job. I just sprayed my tank with flat engine paint and had no more issues with spills after that.

Be careful on that back 3/4 mile roundabout, I have been reading about the track this morning and a lot of the racing orgs are very concerned as mentioned here in a earlier post, that you could wind up being spit out onto the straight away if you have a problem through that area.

Here is the WERA opinion. I just wanted you to be more aware of the concern hope you see the post. Have a fun safe time.

NC Track - 13x Forums

Well day one is over. What a fantastic track. Over all speeds are higher that I expected. The straight is so long, I'm hitting 150+ before slowing to around 90 /100 mph turn 1. The surface here is smooth as glass with tons of grip.

The issue Pete is referring to has been resolved with airfencing. Though it would be a really freak thing to run off or crash where the area in question is. I highly recommend coming here to anyone who is near it

Well day one is over. What a fantastic track. Over all speeds are higher that I expected. The straight is so long, I'm hitting 150+ before slowing to around 90 /100 mph turn 1. The surface here is smooth as glass with tons of grip.

The issue Pete is referring to has been resolved with airfencing. Though it would be a really freak thing to run off or crash where the area in question is. I highly recommend coming here to anyone who is near it

Glad to hear they made the changes and that you are having a good time, we will have to plan another trip down when I have some availabilty this summer.

Glad that you had a good day yesterday. I was just reading all the comments about the track from your link above and I'd be curious to see the changes they made to address the safety issues. Some guys were saying that even if they put up barriers that the track was primarily designed to be a "test track" where there would be only one car at a time. Aside from the air fences, how did you find the overall conditions, like "track width", runoff areas, etc.? I hope your taking video!!??? You know there would be BIG TROUBLE if you came back without any onboard stuff pal!!!:rofl:

Dang . . .

If only I was 25 again. Johnny, I am so envious . . . . thanks for sharing your insight and ride-reports!!

Geeeeze, I would love to trade places with you as I 'm sure many others would too . . .! KEEP going buddy ! :tup:

Just got on the road home. Fantastic weekend I was told after 3 sessions that were bumping me to intermediate group. So I was a little apprehensive at first but ended up really liking being the slow guy again. I have some video to upload tomorrow but we think some one swiped my gopro at the end of the day with my fastest session.

Some photos still need to continue working on BP.
RB8_8218.jpg

RB8_8592.jpg

RB8_8593.jpg

I hope to get some video up tonight at some point..

A picture of me and the coach(Matt) who bumped me to intermediate. Now I have all year to work on making it to advanced. The nice thing about the bump is I now recieve a free class from our club. It has a lot of double sessions and one on one coaching and its free for me.
394244_609446512290_14902121_32508344_194771496_n.jpg

Thanks fellas getting bumped up a group was exciting. Then running in it and not getting run over was a wieght off my shoulders.

Congrats on the bump Johnny!!
I remember that day........ I was the only one on track late in the day, after rain all morning @ Pocono.
Sometimes I think the Red group is safer, as most are experienced & they stay on line (predictable).
Been planning on renewing my membership with TPM & reading your post got me to do it today. Planning on Millville 4/22/12. Maybe see you there?

Ride Safe!!

Back