Need some help with shifting points

Hey Guys,

I have searched and searched and I can't find the shifting points for a quarter mile. I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand? I ran a search but didn't find anything.
I'm going to the ROT Rally in Austin this year. It's the largest motorcycle ralley in Texas and features the longest moto parade in the world! I'm psyched about going and ready to see all the craziness.
One of the events is a Dyno Drag Racing Competition! The top 8 finishers will get to go to Sturgis to compete for 25K! LOL NOW I DON"T SERIOUSLY THINK I'M GOING TO PLACE, but hey - why not give it a try!?!?! I really miss competing and this sounds fun!

Hey Guys,

I have searched and searched and I can't find the shifting points for a quarter mile. I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand? I ran a search but didn't find anything.

The proper shift point for any racing vehicle is usually 500 RPM past power peak. This way the RPM drops into the meat of the powerband upon each shift. You will obviously need a dyno to find out where your particular power peak is. This is dependant on any mods you have done to your vehicle.

My two sense. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The proper shift point for any racing vehicle is usually 500 RPM past power peak. This way the RPM drops into the meat of the powerband upon each shift. You will obviously need a dyno to find out where your particular power peak is. This is dependant on any mods you have done to your vehicle.

My two sense. :cheers:

Thank you - your two cents are definately welcome.
My bike is stock and I have never hooked it up to a Dyno.
This competition is suposed to be based on reaction time so anyone can compete. In fact serious mods are not allowed (like NOS and air shifters).
IDK - I just thought that it would be fun to try.

Back