Never been really happy with these covers

Devilsyam

Not been happy with the airbox and frame covers sorta satin black orange peel effect didnt float my boat

i have tried the carbon route been there done that so thought i'd just paint em

2ezo1mb.jpg

2nks9y8.jpg

wadda ya thinks

Looks good :tup: It gives those parts more of a "finished" look. I'm sure Yamaha left them as they came out of the mold to save some money.

Not been happy with the airbox and frame covers sorta satin black orange peel effect didnt float my boat

2ezo1mb.jpg

2nks9y8.jpg

wadda ya thinks

Hey got a quick question where did you buy your rear hugger and the name of the company that makes it? I'm looking for a hugger for my FZ1!

wadda ya thinks
I dunno, they kind of contrast with the frame in a bad way. I mean, the finish and everything is great, but they make your frame want to be shiny and pretty too.

BTW, have you at any time recently posted full pics of your bike? I don't recall seeing any, nor did I even realize you'd gotten smart and done yours up in the fastest color. Pics please!

Hrm, maybe you should have posted that pic first. With the headlights and the tail section, those covers look much better seeing the whole bike like that. Looks great, love the headlights.

I was also unhappy with those. And cause I love carbon, I decided to go for it.
Found somebody here who covers, whatever you want in carbon fibre?!
Picture show the work in progress, without the final layer of clear coat.
I love it already:flash:

Last edited:
Carbon covers

..and here they are, finished. I'm realy happy with the results. They look so real!
Overall costs were just 100 USD for all 4 covers:eek:))

Last edited:
Back