New 2013 FZ1 owner as of today!

chirp the 1-2

Picked up my fz1 today, got a crazy good deal brand new 2013 blue with 0 miles!! 7200.00.
First bike was a 2012 ninja 250r sold it, then bought my buddys 02 fz1 (hindle exhaust,k&n filter and jetted) was scared to go past 7000 rpm haha sold it because i got it so cheap i made 500 flipping it in two weeks, then got a 06 zzr 600 (which I loved but money was tight so she had to go).

Always new I wanted a sport bike with a comfortable ride and couldn't pass up this deal. Im itching to clean her up a bit with a fender eliminator,tinted screen then a two bros black series slip on. Looking forward to learning from the sight. Thanks

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride!

That is a great deal. There are a couple leftover 12 & 13's by me for 7999 but nothing close to 7200. If there was I might be tempted to trade in the trusty gen1,,,,,,,,maybe? Congrats on the new ride and hoping the weather is nice for some good seat time in your neck of the woods.

Congrats on the awesome deal from another new FZ1 owner. I just picked up a 0 miles, brand new 2012 for 7500 and 2 months of free storage, so I know the giddy feeling you must have from getting such a great price:woot:

Yamaha must have built a ton of these things, as if you look around, there are some killer deals out there (though yours is the best I've seen so far). For this kind of money you just can't turn down a new bike;)

The black can and black rims are the only difference between it and my 09' Cobalt. FYI, first oil change go synthetic Mobil 1 or Amsoil because it will take the notch out of shifting. Traditional mineral oil also breaks down much quicker as you will find the bike runs hot under 4500 RPMs.

Thanks everybody, will def be going to ams oil on the 600 mile maint check up. Probably gonna tint the windscreen today and head to iron pony to look for frame sliders and some cold weather gear.

Ya I might order one of those but figured this would be a summer screen and its so low I cant tuck enough to see through it so just figured I might spray it for a couple bucks.
Im in Blacklick , actually went to iron pony today haha.

Last edited:
Nice looking ride, they look much better with the black engine. Oh and buy what ever oil you want, everybody has their own personal favourite and as long as it's the correct grade and weight, you're good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Went out for a chilly first ride today, first a little neighborhood riding then hit the main roads. Its been two years since my zzr but def got right back in the groove. The machine is amazingly tight and comfortable, I found myself wanting to tuck but then realized I didn't need to. I can def feel she's got a lot of power but trying to keep her under 5k and follow the rules. I did notice when I rev'd it up to 5-6k in neutral I got some popping/backfiring through the stock exhaust (is that normal?)

Went out for a chilly first ride today, first a little neighborhood riding then hit the main roads. Its been two years since my zzr but def got right back in the groove. The machine is amazingly tight and comfortable, I found myself wanting to tuck but then realized I didn't need to. I can def feel she's got a lot of power but trying to keep her under 5k and follow the rules. I did notice when I rev'd it up to 5-6k in neutral I got some popping/backfiring through the stock exhaust (is that normal?)

lol not sure about the popping just laughed at you saying its got some power but trying to keep it under 5K. Boy are you in for a surprise when you crank it up..lol life starts happening above 7K..lol congrats!!

I guess thats what I meant is goin to 5000-6000 rpms I can feel her wanting to wake up and pull. Soooo ready for warmer weather and more miles on her.
I did order the chinese ebay smoked double bubble windscreen and shogun frame sliders. I think a fender eliminator and tank pads/protectors are next.

Back