new bike and mods

cheapshots

So i have an 09 with 550mi. on board and i just ordered two bros pipe and juice box [this worked great on my ex fz6] but should i wait till it's broken in all the way? I did all the goodies to drz 400 befor it was broken in all the way the fz6 was ready to go when i did the mods.thanks for any feed back:bowdown:

Congrats! Welcome to the upgraded club! ;)

After putting on the 2Bros, you may want to do the AIS blockoff to stop the popping on decel. :D Mod the airbox, descreen the stock filter and mod the airbox. Either tie the flies or order the modified sub-throttle plates from Copperdog. You'll be good to go! :D

Congrats! Welcome to the upgraded club! ;)

After putting on the 2Bros, you may want to do the AIS blockoff to stop the popping on decel. :D Mod the airbox, descreen the stock filter and mod the airbox. Either tie the flies or order the modified sub-throttle plates from Copperdog. You'll be good to go! :D

are these items needed to make the bike run right or is it to go as fast i can and get as many ticketts as i can(Ipretty sure that won't go over real well on the home front) but it sounds fun on track days. thankx ed

are these items needed to make the bike run right or is it to go as fast i can and get as many ticketts as i can(Ipretty sure that won't go over real well on the home front) but it sounds fun on track days. thankx ed

I was thinking with the Two Bros and Juicebox, you were looking for trouble! ;) They are to really make the bike better respond, as it should. The AIS blockoff is essential with the slip-on unless, like some, you really like the popping on decel. The sub-throttle plates are for better response in the mid range. The airbox mod lets her breathe now that you've opened the exhaust up. All great stuff and best of all, all nearly free! :D

I was thinking with the Two Bros and Juicebox, you were looking for trouble! ;) They are to really make the bike better respond, as it should. The AIS blockoff is essential with the slip-on unless, like some, you really like the popping on decel. The sub-throttle plates are for better response in the mid range. The airbox mod lets her breathe now that you've opened the exhaust up. All great stuff and best of all, all nearly free! :D

FZIinNH,thankx for the info, not looking for trouble just a little more fun.Is the decel hurt anything? and again do i need to wait to do the two mods till it's broken in all the way? Your (about me)page is pretty cool!! I as a contracktor had copper and pex down a long time ago,however this reply took me 20 mins.LOL Ed

FZIinNH,thankx for the info, not looking for trouble just a little more fun.Is the decel hurt anything? and again do i need to wait to do the two mods till it's broken in all the way? Your (about me)page is pretty cool!! I as a contracktor had copper and pex down a long time ago,however this reply took me 20 mins.LOL Ed

You're welcome!

The decel doesn't hurt anything. For me? It was just annoying. It actually happens in the stock exhaust but that is designed for us not to hear it. It's the excess fuel mixing with the fresh air from the Air Induction System, or AIS, that is igniting at the CAT as it is supposed to. It's actually more damage (to the environment) to do the AIS blockoff.

As for waiting, no, no worries. I got my bike on a Saturday, ordered the Two Bros on Sunday and had it installed before the next Saturday. :D

I'm STILL nervous about them press-on fittings! :eek: ;) Thanks Ed!

Back