New FZ1 owner from Philly region

Hi everyone. 43 year-old life-long motorcyclist who recently purchased a used, 2009 FZ1 with only 521 miles on it. Yes, you read that right. Has the aftermarket gel seat and Oxford heated grips. Pretty dark blue and only $4800. What a great deal, right? Currently have 2 other bikes, a BMW K1300GT and '82 Kawasaki GPz750 under restoration. Very much enjoying the FZ1 and have put about 300 miles on it so far. The stock SportMaxx tires are OK but sketchy on cold roads. Very comfortable for a naked and super easy to work on!

Planning on keeping it and using as a commute bike in warmer months as well as a possible track bike. Only mods so far have been cheap frame sliders but looking for suggestions on side bags and maybe a slightly taller windshield - I'm 6' 2". Looking forward to reading (and contributing) to your forum. I run a decent size riders group that caters towards advanced to expert riders. (see link in sig) Cheers!

Last edited:
WELCOME FUSION, Nice bike and great deal. I also have an 09 .your right the stock tires are not that good.I put michelons on and love em. maybe we can go for a ride sometime

Paint color is called Cobalt blue. Don't park the bike in the sun because the gel seat will toast your nads.

I would trade that for my seat that feels like a cold pack... global warming, my azz!

-4F this morning

OP, wow, great deal on Fizzer and welcome to the forum :)

Welcome! Nice collection of bikes you have there

:needpics:

LOL, ok. Here's me on my K13GT and my '82 GPz750 with my silly kids. The KZ is currently torn down and I'm having it painted LeMans blue. It's a GM color from the late 60's. Have new mirrors, emblems and have already done the headers and exhaust in satin black ceramic coating paint. That one I am going to sell 'cause I barely have enough room in the garage for our cars and (3) bikes. Could be worse I guess. ;)

Back