New FZ1 owner - need advice on wind screen and other

Hi guys and gals,

As of yesterday, I'm a proud new owner of a black 2001 FZ1 with 10k miles. I got her for $3750. The only problem is that it snowed six inches here in Colorado today!

It didn't have any passenger assist rails (grab rails). Those suckers are expensive if OEM ($130 each plus hardware). Anybody know where I could get a pair?

It also came with a Givi wind screen and a stock wind screen. I plan on doing mostly day rides and commuting with it plus a few weekend trips. Any suggestions on wind screen type or manufactorer? I'm 6'3" so my head sticks out there a ways. ;)

Anyways, I'm stoked to be on my FZ1!!!!! Thanks for any advice/help.

Evening/Morning,

Congradulations on you purchase and Welcome to the Forum!

I saw that you found the "other" fix for you FZ1 needs.

Zero Gravity and Puig are pretty common -- I know that Zero Gravity Double Bubble do a fairly decent job of diverting the wind w/o having to sacrafice the overall lines of the FZ, I'm 6'2". And does even a little better job having the GYTR lower riser and Suburban Machinery SM2 bars in place (2" down and 2" forward)

I do have a Zero Gravity Speed Screen, in Light Smoke (a bit shorter and not as wide), that is scratched from someone cleaning it with something too abrasive. I'll take some pictures of the ZGDB and ZGSS and if you are interested, for 7.50 + shipping, the ZGSS could be to your door. It also does a decent job on diverting wind.

As for the grab bars -- a few sets have been popping up (I just got some for 40.00 for my skunk set of body work that is almost complete -- waiting on finding an upper fairing b/c present is a P.O.S!

Post some pictures and list of mods (if known from previous owner) and Congrats Again!

Adam

Last edited:
A picture of what the ZGSS looks like (not mine)

Rashmaster13sFZ1Custom2.jpg

Zero Gravity Double Bubble
DSC_0528Lighter.jpg

Last edited:
Back