New Guy from MA

I've been a member on the sister site, FZ6, which is an outstanding forum. Yesterday I traded in my 2008 FZ6, which I put over 10,000 miles on in 10 months, for a 2009 FZ1. Will post pics soon I hope. Just haven't had much time since yesterday. Thanks for letting me hang out.

Norm

:D I spent an hour out there with her this afternoon. I gave her her heartbeat back (re-attached the battery) and the computer is all reset. Then I idled her to warm up, then gave her some steady revs at 3k, 5k, 8k and 11k for about 30 seconds each. I'm hoping this reset kills the surges I've created by modding. It seems to have worked for the moment but a ride will tell... damned rain! On the bright side, the roads are 100% washed clean! :D

Hey Norm, welcome to the group. Now we have our very own Norm as a member. (Cheers Reference). We'll save you a seat at the end of the bar. That will be your seat and no one else's. Post some shots of your ride buddy.

Hey Norm, welcome to the group. Now we have our very own Norm as a member. (Cheers Reference). We'll save you a seat at the end of the bar. That will be your seat and no one else's. Post some shots of your ride buddy.

Hey, thanks. I'll get some pics as soon as the rain stops. My best friend lives in Yonkers, btw. I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Haverstraw, Rockland County. The Bronx (and the Yankees) are close to my heart.

:D I spent an hour out there with her this afternoon. I gave her her heartbeat back (re-attached the battery) and the computer is all reset. Then I idled her to warm up, then gave her some steady revs at 3k, 5k, 8k and 11k for about 30 seconds each. I'm hoping this reset kills the surges I've created by modding. It seems to have worked for the moment but a ride will tell... damned rain! On the bright side, the roads are 100% washed clean! :D

Eric,

Did those surges start after your mods or were they there on the stock bike? And if after the mods, what did you put on?

Eric,

Did those surges start after your mods or were they there on the stock bike? And if after the mods, what did you put on?

Hi Norm. They started after the mods. Here's what I have done:

1. Two Brothers Slip-on Exhaust
  2. LARS Airbox Mod
  3. AIS Blockoff - Not removed, just blocked and re-attached the airbox tube.
  4. De-screened the stock air filter

I did leave the battery disconnected over night and reconnected it this morning. After I got home today, I ran the bike to warm it up then at 20 sec intervals in the 3k, 5k, 7k, 9k, and 11k RPM ranges. This was to allow the ECU and O2 sensor to recalibrate with the mods done. I hope we get a break in the weather tomorrow and I can get a seat test on the road.

I have yet to hear of anyone that is 100% stock to have any issues. ;) You're safe until you start modding! :D

Hi Norm. They started after the mods. Here's what I have done:

1. Two Brothers Slip-on Exhaust
  2. LARS Airbox Mod
  3. AIS Blockoff - Not removed, just blocked and re-attached the airbox tube.
  4. De-screened the stock air filter

I did leave the battery disconnected over night and reconnected it this morning. After I got home today, I ran the bike to warm it up then at 20 sec intervals in the 3k, 5k, 7k, 9k, and 11k RPM ranges. This was to allow the ECU and O2 sensor to recalibrate with the mods done. I hope we get a break in the weather tomorrow and I can get a seat test on the road.

I have yet to hear of anyone that is 100% stock to have any issues. ;) You're safe until you start modding! :D

Ah, you read my (selfish) mind. Hope yours is straightened out.

Hey, thanks. I'll get some pics as soon as the rain stops. My best friend lives in Yonkers, btw. I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Haverstraw, Rockland County. The Bronx (and the Yankees) are close to my heart.

You know it's a law in Brooklyn that it's natives follow the Mets. Maybe you didn't stay in Brooklyn too long. Yonkers is a hop, skip, and a jump from me and I was up in West Haverstraw last Sunday for the March of Dimes ride with Dee Snyder. The finish point was the West Haverstraw County Park on Gagen Road. It was simply beautiful over there. You must have ridden your share of Bear Mountain when living there. Here are a couple of pics from the park in West Haverstraw

The parking lot at the finish point
43.jpg

The Dreaded Food Line!!
45.jpg

Here's Dee Mingling With The Crew
52.jpg

Here's Me And Dee
54.jpg

A Shot Of The Hudson River
47.jpg

Thanks. Those are great pictures! Reminds me of home. I lived in "Village on the Green" off route 9W in Haverstraw for 14 years. I was a Mets fan growing up. Came up here when I got married. Wife's a Red Sox fan. When the kids were born they got interested in the Yankees and so I switched. I like the Mets as well (unusual, I know).

Norm, you riding tomorrow? OR working? We're meeting at the Bow, NH Hampton Inn at 9 - 9:30am. Exit one of I89 from I93. 5 riders at this point. :D

Norm, you riding tomorrow? OR working? We're meeting at the Bow, NH Hampton Inn at 9 - 9:30am. Exit one of I89 from I93. 5 riders at this point. :D

Eric,

I'm not working tomorrow but my daughter's home from college (she's doing a summer internship and came home for a few days) so we're probably going to hang out tomorrow. If you're around Saturday or Sunday I may take a ride up to meet you.

Norm, the wife and I are seriously considering this one Sunday. Supposed to be a great day too!

July 5th - Curtis Ribs Ride - NESR Forums

I think Rob and Keira or at least Rob, will be going. Let us know if you're interested. They do leave at 9am SHARP too.

OK, I got it. I basically did that ride when I went up to Vermont last week. I'll pass this time. If you're around your house I may try to stop by tomorrow, if that's OK with you. If it is OK would you PM me your address. Or you are welcome to come to me.

Back