New (hopeful) Member from Louisiana

Hey y'all! I'm going to check out a 2012 this weekend and I had a few questions.

The bike only has 1500 miles on it and is stock. Would an extended warranty be a good idea?

What would be a good price, they are asking $7,999?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions if I get the bike!

This is one piece of advice my uncle gave me when I went to buy my first car in regards to being ripped off.

If you think that it is worth it and you are willing to pay the price you pay, you're not getting ripped off. If you don't think it's worth the price you're willing to pay and pay it, that's when you're getting ripped off. There's always someone out there willing to pay more and someone else who won't pay as much as you.

So, are you happy to pay the price he's asking, and do you think extended warranty is worth it for your peace of mind?

Have a look around on bike sale websites to see what other bikes of similar spec are being sold for and compare. If this is too good of a deal check the bike over thoroughly before you buy, if it's priced higher, ask why and negotiate a better deal.

Good luck with the potential purchase.

Virtually all dealers initially price a bike (or car, or ...) higher than what they actually will take. What they take depends on many things - one of which is who they think they are dealing with and how badly they think that person wants that bike. Yeah, gamesmanship. But, that is what selling is. You would do the same if the roles were reversed. The guy bought a bike to sell. He wants to make as much as he can. That's fair and it's just business.

The $7,999 price is not hateful. But he would sell it for less - because that is his very top starting off price. That's what he would sell the car for to the little old lady who came in to buy the pretty red and white Oldsmobile. And she did pay that price. Because that's what he said the price was. (This is a jump to a true story in my past - but I think you get my point - sticker price was paid.)

If you like it and it's good, buy it - for less than what he wants. He expects to be talked down. But don't seem too eager or he won't come down very much. He would almost certainly will sell it for $7,500. But if you offer him $7,500, he won't sell if for that. He probably wouldn't take less than $7,800 if you did that. ---- But he may even sell it for less than $7,500 - depends on a bunch of his own circumstances.

Good luck. They are good machines.

You have chosen a fantastic motorcycle. Congratulations. Unless you are used to a quite powerful motorcycle, then be very conservative with the throttle. The bike is so smooth, that you can get to considerable speeds without any drama. Then you look down at the speedometer and realize how fast you are going. Be cautious on curves. The bike handles very well, but takes gettibg used to. Just be careful - and enjoy !!!

Good stuff, well done on your purchase.

It looks like a beauty.

Were you able to talk them down on price any?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back