New Member - My Bike pic

Relatively new to the board and been back on the street for a few months after my last injury racing dirt. Thought i would post a pic of my ride. 2006 model and it is an awesome bike. Looking forward to many miles and hopefully get to meet some of you on a ride one day.

DSC00360.jpg

Ride Safe!
Chuck

Great looking bike! Silver is one of my favorite colors for the Gen II bikes. Still can't understand why Yamaha never brought it back after '06. However, I guess that makes your bike that much more unique.

That silver is attractive, red is my favorite, but that silver is second for me, (blue and black are all good too, just not 'black and blue').

I'm looking to get a low milage 2006 in red. I was a bit worried because of the throttle issues reported with the 2006.

From the FZ1 Wikipedia site

Generation II (since 2006)
2006 saw the introduction of a completely new model. The main changes included a new chassis, suspension, body work and a completely new engine, never seen before in the big Fazer. Cast aluminum die-cast diamond-shaped frame with the engine as stressed member replaced the older tubular steel frame along with a control-filled die-cast swingarm. This brought the bike up to date with modern rivals. The new model has a 998 cc DOHC 20-valve engine from the 2004–2006 R1 tuned for better midrange torque, which produces 150 hp (110 kW) (129–132 hp at the wheel) at 11,000 rpm, set in an all-new compact diamond-shaped aluminum frame.

2006 revision
Colors: Liquid Silver/Shift Red
Stiff rear spring with a 700 lb/in
2006 version when first introduced had distinct throttle snatch at 5000–6000 rpm, where rolling off the throttle and rolling back on caused a distinct surge in acceleration due to faster opening of the sub-throttle plates or secondary flies.

I just wondered if you had experenced this issue and/or fixed it in some way.

Weclcome and congrats on the nice ride.

But for what it's worth, I have to say the Retro Kit is definitely the best looking FZ1! Of course, I'm biased a bit having installed it.

Brian

Weclcome and congrats on the nice ride.

But for what it's worth, I have to say the Retro Kit is definitely the best looking FZ1! Of course, I'm biased a bit having installed it.

Brian

That is sweet ass. Do they have an older retro kit that would take it back to the Kenny Roberts yellow and black?

tumblr_kyvxh51rFz1qb5m48o1_500.jpg

2006-Yamaha-YZF-R1-50thc.jpg

R1 pic from Andz in the FZ6 forum

and grommit responed with a link to an FZ1 slide show of just what I asked for (doubt it's a 'kit' though)

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments and welcome. I really like the silver and the Yoshi sounds great on it. The previous owner had already corrected the throttle issue so I didn't have to worry with that.

I would have to say that the retro it one of the coolest bikes there is. If I couldn't find a nice silver one, I was going to get one and order the retro kit. All the colors look good on them though.

Thanks for the compliments and welcome. I really like the silver and the Yoshi sounds great on it. The previous owner had already corrected the throttle issue so I didn't have to worry with that.

I would have to say that the retro it one of the coolest bikes there is. If I couldn't find a nice silver one, I was going to get one and order the retro kit. All the colors look good on them though.
I see you have some frame sliders. I was looking for some and wondered if you had any suggestions. Anything to look for, or are cheaper ones as good as the expensive ones? Are you paying extra for looks or function and safety?

That silver is attractive, red is my favorite, but that silver is second for me, (blue and black are all good too, just not 'black and blue').

I'm looking to get a low milage 2006 in red. I was a bit worried because of the throttle issues reported with the 2006.

I just wondered if you had experenced this issue and/or fixed it in some way.

The only way to fix the throttle snatch on the '06 is Ivan's FCE, or just be very smooth when getting back on the gas. Either way I don't consider that a deal breaker, but if you have "extra" money you could always get the '08 in red (came with gold wheels instead of the black ones on the '06). Throttle issue was improved by the factory in '07...

That is sweet ass. Do they have an older retro kit that would take it back to the Kenny Roberts yellow and black?

Not sold here, but you can get it in Japan. I'm sure it would be quite price to ship here. Ok you can start salivating now :D

FZ1 FAZER [ YELLOW/BLACK ] | ƒƒCƒYƒMƒA

Back