New member welcome thread...

I have a Penske shock and AK20 fork cartridges from Traxxion Dynamics in mine and it works great, but I don't take it to the track.

I'm sure a lot of guys have swapped front ends as well.

Penske are nice with lots of adjustability, The R6 rear shock kits sold by Dean on this site are a cheaper but still quality option. There are also a couple years (2012 is one) of BMW1000 shocks that can be made to work.

AK20 can't be beat for OEM fork upgrade. Race Tech has a fork kit but I don't hear it mentioned too often. R1 forks can be made to work with good results but the spindle in the head stock is a special machined part.

Your bike looks great in white.
Welcome

Penske are nice with lots of adjustability, The R6 rear shock kits sold by Dean on this site are a cheaper but still quality option. There are also a couple years (2012 is one) of BMW1000 shocks that can be made to work.

AK20 can't be beat for OEM fork upgrade. Race Tech has a fork kit but I don't hear it mentioned too often. R1 forks can be made to work with good results but the spindle in the head stock is a special machined part.

Your bike looks great in white.
Welcome
Can a 2nd gen triple tree be used at all or is that just as much work?

I have a Penske on one Gen 1 and the 2012 BMW S1000rr on the other. 650lb spring on Penske and 700 lb. spring on the BMW. They are both a little firm solo, but perfect with a passenger. I like firm. I hear great things about the R6 shocks....... would like to try one, one of these days.

Hi,

My name is Chad and I live in Langley, BC, Canada. I got my FZ1 last year and have joined the forum to post any tidbits of knowledge that I stumble upon that I wish to still be searchable years later. This is my first time joining a bike forum but this bike has been a goal for me since my first one (a 2005 FZ6) so I plan on hanging onto it for a while.

As is a common trend on this forum, I am an engineer and I am currently in the bakery industry - it's one of the best smelling jobs I've ever had.

Here is my progression of bikes:

Yamaha TTR230
IMG_20160523_111047.jpg
2005 Yamaha FZ6
IMG_0420.jpg

2005 Honda VTX1800C
PXL_20230327_001513107.jpg

2009 Yamaha FZ1
PXL_20230723_034837024.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!

Back