New member!

Hi, I'm Bill, aka Greybeard. Going to pick up my 09 FZ1 today. Gonna trade an 06 ST 1300. Then my son gets the 98 TL and I will be a one bike man again. I am of the opinion an FZ is the bike to fill all the requirements. Little nervous about 150 hp. Talk later, let you know what I think..........Bill

Welcome Bill,
By your "stage name" I take it you are on the tall side of 30 right? Anyway, don't let numbers intimidate you. It's plenty safe and only you let things get out of control. You'll get plenty of that rush as you feel the R's climb and even in first gear as you hear the muffled howl when you start to reach 5000-6000 you'll appreciate what is still there without having to put it to the test.

Wow!!

I rode it yesterday, and truely loved it. Smooth, comfortable, easy handling. Made signing the papers a lot less painful. Thanks for all your replies, we will be talking. And, yes, by the way, actually on the tall side of 50, but with no intent to slow down riding. Thanks again........Bill

Ride on Bill. Too many of us "mature" riders think it's time to cross over to trikes when looking at 60. BUNK, as long as you can walk, you can ride. I met a guy a couple summers ago riding a Sport Beemer. He looked to me like he must have been an older mechanic checking out somone elses bike. Then he threw his helmet on and tossed his leg over the bike. I stopped him and found out he had been a professional racer in the 60's and 70's. He was on a "short" ride. He lived about 200 miles away.

Howdy Bill.
lots o ...."older riders" here,myself included.:(
you will find the FZ to be everything you need in a modern bike. glad you found us... and i am like Billy..
i like pics

Back