New Rear Turn Signals

I have had my bike now for less than a week and I already have a modification.

well, I changed an already modified part.

When I got the bike it had these rear turn signals on it:
2011-08-29190901.jpg

The left one was not working and I found out from you guys that these are custom and not the stock rear turn signals.

Stopped in at my local House of Motorcycles and found that these were also not "universal" mounted turn signals and they did not have that kind in stock, and when they contacted a distributor found there was a backorder issue with the style I needed to do a direct replacement.

So I bought some "universal mount" ones, LED with a clear lens to give a cleaner look (at least that is my opinion).

I knew they would not direct bolt so I went to home depot and bought some small "L" brackets, 5mm bolts to mount from the license plate side and drilled out the other hole to match the fitting on the new turn signals.

When I pulled out the rear stop lights to get to the wiring I found both sets of wires coming up through one hole, so I drilled out a second hole to make the wiring more even from side to side. They are all installed, work and look great. Here are some more pics of the installation, took me about an hour of work because I was texting a friend half the time, and talking to my wife the other half of the time.

Test Fitting:
2011-08-31183755.jpg

2011-08-31185313.jpg

New Hole is on the right:
2011-08-31192219.jpg

Installed:
2011-08-31192241.jpg

Testing:
2011-08-31194228.jpg

2011-08-31194217.jpg

Thanks, the STI is currently undergoing some rehabilitation after running over a small tree last year. She is almost done, in fact part of the reason I wanted a bike was to save money on gas and use that money to go towards finishing the car.

The wreck:
STI_project_06182010018.jpg

Current State:
2011-07-04172040.jpg

Here is a thread on another forum detailing everything that happened and the work I have done so far.
My Subaru saved my life - All Wheel Junkies

I left the road post corner and found a tree stump buried in the tall grass in my 02 Bugeye WRX a few years ago. Tore the heck out of the underside. Insurance didnt total and it never felt right afterwards. Fella that bought it wraped it around a utility pole. Subarus and big sways dont mix. I have a 07 WRX for the time being with a STI top mount and VF43.

Back