New to forum and need some helps thanks

I purchased a 2002 fz1 2 months ago.. the bike just had a fresh rebuild and has ivans jet kit d&d show and go pipe and k & n filter. I love the bike has so much power and have put 5k miles on it already. I have been search ing around this forum and my questions are how do you look for the 7k rpm code? What's the biggest tire size I can fit on the rear with no mod? Maybe a 200/50/17 thanks

can't tell ya on the code. can tell ya I got a 190 on the rear of mine and the q2 has a bit different profile than the stock sportmax and it made it a totally different bike handling.

Sounds like there's an issue with the EXUP valve. Check out this link to see how you can properly clean it, adjust the cables, etc.

http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/exupmaintenance.html

As for tire size...your bike came with a 5.5" wider rear wheel so anything over a 180 is not a good idea. Just remember that just because a tire physically fits doesn't mean it's going to perform well and will more than likely degrade the handling of the bike since the tire wont have the "proper" profile.

Thanks but my question is how do you tell/look for the 7k rpm code cause everyone is talking about it and when you used a 190 was it a 190 55 or 190 50 thanks

over the 180 will look more street cred, but to the eyes who know, it will only be of visual appeal at the cost of reduced handling. So depends on what you are looking for. Tossing off or riding the bike well.

i agree. stick with the 180..... i had to put a 190 on in a "emergency situation" bike handles completely different and with the naked eye, its not that different looking. but if ur just a straight line rider then do what makes u happy.

Back