New UK FZ1N Owner

maddog1982

Hey,

My names Matt, 31 years young and today 4 years after passing my test I now own the bike I have always wanted. I have had an 08 FZ6 but always felt this was to small for me being 6ft2 and 17 stone. However, after looking since the beginning of the year I have finally sealed the deal on a 09 FZ1N thats yellow and black.

I am after a front gel seat or standard seat as well as the rear seat as the previous owner has had a gel seat made up that doesn't fit me! I will post pictures of it, there only pics I have from the dealer, I was wondering if anyone knows what I have and what I should stick it on ebay for.

So fat the only place I can find the seat I want is here http://www.moto-passion.co.uk/yamaha-comfort-seat-06-11.html

Also where can I buy genuine Yamaha accessories from? I want in time, a belly pan, rear seat cowl, fly screen and tail tidy.

Last edited:
Hi matt & welcome aboard
Nice bike there mate .. not sure what seat that is but bet its a few quids . No doubt the more knowledgeable will be along soon on that one .. you may be able to do a trade on here or eBay ?? The yam gel seats come up on ebay often . I paid £100 for mine new as a guide. I just refitted std rear tail s I'm fed up with the amount of crud that gets thrown up my back & on helmet ... where in the UK are you ?

Last edited:
Hi matt & welcome aboard
Nice bike there mate .. not sure what seat that is but bet its a few quids . No doubt the more knowledgeable will be along soon on that one .. you may be able to do a trade on here or eBay ?? I just refitted std rear tail s I'm fed up with the amount of crud that gets thrown up my back & on helmet ... where in the UK are you ?

Ive just this second bought a genuine gel seat for 93 delivered! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171239230865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 Just need the rear seat now. If i buy a genuine cowl will I need the rear seat or will this just clip in place without the seat?

What have you done to your bike? Im in Sandbach, in the northwest pal

Welcome aboard Matt.
That seat looks like a Top Sellerie seat and would have cost the previous owner a small fortune. You should be able to offload it fairly easily on this website.
Good luck with your new ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Welcome aboard Matt.
That seat looks like a Top Sellerie seat and would have cost the previous owner a small fortune. You should be able to offload it fairly easily on this website.
Good luck with your new ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks for your reply! Is a sellerie seat made on a standard seat? As there were no markings when I removed it, I thought it was maybe a standard seat and someone has custom made this?

Also my seat is in two pieces like the factory seats, from reading the top selerie seats are one piece?

Last edited:
Ive just this second bought a genuine gel seat for 93 delivered! Yamaha FZ1 Comfort Seat | eBay Just need the rear seat now. If i buy a genuine cowl will I need the rear seat or will this just clip in place without the seat?

What have you done to your bike? Im in Sandbach, in the northwest pal

Fair price on the seat , i.think they run at £165 new , Im not sure on the rear covers I think the gen yam ones may be in place of the seat but there are covers that clip over seat (happy to be corrected) be aware the N & S are different ,,,,, as for my bike ,remus exhaust . ,oe belly pan , puig tinted screen with yam badge !!!!!! Later ecu as mines an 06 & had the crap fueling .. Few other odds & ends

Back