Nice "cool" ride today!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Michele and I dressed to the nines and jumped on the two FZ1 bikes to head up to North Conway, home of Whitehorse Gear. Our main purpose was to get her a RAM Aquabox wide for her new Garmin Nuvi 1350. Success!

It was chilly and we were thankful for the heated grips! But we had a great 160 mile round trip through the backwoods of NH that took us to their base up near the White Mountains. Sorry, we didn't stop for photos!

We did end up getting a couple other nice things. Being about to touch and feel things gives you a fresh look at what typically is in a catalog only. So we both got new gloves and magnetic tank bags. The gloves were AWESOME for the ride home. By the time we got back, we only had to run the heated grips for the last 10 miles. The rest of the trip was comfortable. Great gloves, waterproof and windproof... Rev'it Summit H20. These run small and where I typically take an XL, had to move to the XXL. She got a L in womens so she can fit them over her rings.

FGS067_0010UF_300RGB08_detail.jpg
FGS064_0010UB_300RGB08_detail.jpg

Cortech_Super14.jpg

Ooh very nice! I've been looking for a good set of winter riding gloves too. Might have to check those ones out when I get back if I can find them in my local bike shop.

It's hard to believe this is all one country.

Oz, we adopted you.

I was out today and got a sunburn. I understand geography and meteorology but it's hard to comprehend heated grips (?) and sunburn being on the same page.

Yesterday, I saw a young woman in short, short, short shorts leading her dog while wearing a very brief bikini top and today, while taking Pleasant Valley Road, I saw kids and adults playing in the Medina River.

PS: what are heated grips and what do you use them for?

Open for comments, Oz.

Back