Noise "Enhancer"

Isleoman

Site Supporter

You see some new cars now with exhaust sound systems that let the owners project a rumble out the tail pipe with the click of a switch. Yamaha has taken this idea to the intake sound track.

If loud pipes save lives this addition should make riders indestructible.

Article says that the total noise as measured by Govt inspectors would not be more, but it would seems like the noise level at the helmet must be increased. Which raises the other question: Why not just put the noise maker into the helmet for max enjoyment of rider and bystanders.

Those seeing pics of my old skool suzuki in another thread will note the Intake Pods and Yosh slip on. So do as I say, not as I do. On a side note I did try to mount a giant 2000 R1 stock exhaust to my Suzuki. Looked like the dog's breakfast ,but did reduce decibels dramatically and increase mid range torque.

On another note Yamaha is working on "Lasers" for it's bikes. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...the-new-technological-innovations/ar-AA1kG2cm

"Lasers", Yea Baby.

Anyone used laser lighting in a vehicle yet? I read some of the expensive Euro cars have them.

Back