Now, for something completely different...

Hey, I live in a place known for it's rain, but I'd never consider one of these: how about you?
Now, if it increased my gas mileage significantly and I commuted a far piece in bad weather most of the time........still, probably not.
It seems to me, with some speed and an ample windscreen, one stays pretty dry up top anyway.

Rockshieldback.jpg

rocketshield.jpg

The sales pitch:

Given the rising price of gasoline and more people commuting on their motorcycles to save a little money, why not turn your sportbike into an all weather commuter? With Rocketshields, the detachable sportbike hardtop canopy, you can do just that. You've seen similar canopies on scooters, here's one for your full size motorcycle, in this case a Kawasaki Ninja. Blast down the highway in covered bliss as you laugh at the weather. Be the center of attention wherever you go.

Let me think: " the center of attention wherever I go." Now, this catches my attention. Yea, why not me!:worship:

Rocketshield specifics:

• Constructed from lightweight, rigid material
• Attachable and detachable in the time it takes to remove the front mirrors
• Uses only existing fastening points on the motorcycle straight from the manufacturer
• Does not require any extra holes drilled into the motorcycle or brackets to be installed
• Provides increased aerodynamic performance and stability while riding in a natural "sit-up" position even at high speeds. (Top speedometer reading of 150 MPH achieved)
• Provides shade for really hot days and shields the rider from oncoming blasts of all the different elements encountered daily ranging from uncomfortable to unsafe
• Does not fog up like the inside of a helmet visor
• Does not obstruct mirror visibility
• Decreases wind noise
• Can be painted fluorescent orange to compliment a safety vest
• Provides a high level mounting point for a second brake light
• Not intended for crash protection, but designed for crash prevention
• Patent Pending

Rocketshield

absolutely ridiculous... the area that this thing would keep "dry" is negligible... I would be absolutely floored if they sold more than 10 of these...

I think Batgirl might buy one. By "center of attention" I think they mean people pointing and laughing. I would love to see the wind tunnel result on that one.:nerd:

I, for one, dont' believe it will provide enough protection to ride in real crappy weather and I'll bet cross-winds are a real treat with this thing. I've seen the same or very similar rigs before.

BMW did a scooter with a similar lid on top, can't remember what it was called but was very popular with commuters in London.

However, if you were to need something like this you wouldn't be riding a ninja... Stupid idea for stupid people.

BMW did a scooter with a similar lid on top, can't remember what it was called but was very popular with commuters in London.

However, if you were to need something like this you wouldn't be riding a ninja... Stupid idea for stupid people.

It´s the BMW C1, i think it´s much better than that hedious thing, there´s a few of these BMW in here but they were a fiasco because of the price, but it´s not mandatory the use of helmet in this beemer and you have a seat belt....

2001 BMW C1 concept, prototype, spy shots

Why doesn't anyone ever mention COST?

I would give cudos for the workmanship but would also consider anyone that had one a pussy. :)

Last edited:
Back