Number two carburetor leaking fuel

Fzjohn

Hi guys, maybe you guys can help me. I have a problem with the number two carburetor leaking gas only when running. I have pulled the carburetors inspected the needles and jets cleaned them and replaced the float bowl gaskets. I turned the ignition to the arm position the fuel pump kicks on and pressurizes the carbs no leaks only when the motor is running it leaks

O-Ring Item 58 was what was leaking on my carbs a couple years ago. Looked like it was a carb bowl leak till I looked closer to see it was coming from higher up.

Those are on the fuel rail, Item 57 between carbs. If that's what it is, it requires de-racking the carbs. Don't panic, it's doable. If you find that's what it is report back and I''ll walk you thru it.

Personally, I won't clean 24 y.o. carbs without a complete de-rack and replacement of every o-ring. Getting the balance springs back in is a pain, but not hard when you know some tricks. There was a great FZ1OA thread on this with all the OEM and McMaster-Carr o-ring cross reference numbers.

Let me back up for a second. Is the gas leaking from around the outside of the #2 carb in which case my suggestion stands

or is it leaking from the hoses on the lower right side of the bike?If it's leaking from the hoses it's something internal like a stuck float

Let me back up for a second. Is the gas leaking from around the outside of the #2 carb in which case my suggestion stands

or is it leaking from the hoses on the lower right side of the bike?If it's leaking from the hoses it's something internal like a stuck float
I'm not sure where its leaking from because I can only see it at the bottom of the float bowl and it's only happening when it's running on the bike

O-Ring Item 58 was what was leaking on my carbs a couple years ago. Looked like it was a carb bowl leak till I looked closer to see it was coming from higher up.

Those are on the fuel rail, Item 57 between carbs. If that's what it is, it requires de-racking the carbs. Don't panic, it's doable. If you find that's what it is report back and I''ll walk you thru it.

Personally, I won't clean 24 y.o. carbs without a complete de-rack and replacement of every o-ring. Getting the balance springs back in is a pain, but not hard when you know some tricks. There was a great FZ1OA thread on this with all the OEM and McMaster-Carr o-ring cross reference numbers.
Would these O rings only leak when the engine's running because I could Turn the ignition on The fuel pump will run and pressurize the carbs but no leak but it will leak when the engine is running. I had the carbs rebuilt last year they never detached the carburetors to replace the old rings but I'm pretty sure they replaced the other rings this kind of makes sense to me.

There was a great FZ1OA thread on this with all the OEM and McMaster-Carr o-ring cross reference numbers.
My biggest regret when the site went down was not having those mccmaster carr p/n's. I realize you have to buy a huge bag of them, but i wanted some for that fatefull day.

O-Rings?

See the two .pdf files on page 2 of referenced thread. Thank Blue Flash.

The other FZ10a suggestion I forgot was turning the carbs upside down and pressurizing them with a hand pump to make sure the float valves are seating and not leaking before re-instal.

Its leaking from the carb

Back