Oil choice

"FOR Motorcycles" on the labels

Yamalube is made by Citgo. Yamaha doesn't make oil. And oil is just a lubricant, manufacturers don't design engines around oil they simply use oil as a lubricant in the engines they build.

That being said, I rock amsoil or if i forget to plan ahead I use Mobil 1. I used to use Rotella back in my MX days until I tore my motor down and saw how much dirty residue it left behind. Switched to amsoil and the next tear down looked shiney clean.

Are these synthetics what I see in the small Motorcycle section at Autozone or O'Riellys? The Automotive oil section has the same product. Are they different? Can you use anyones synthetic? I changed mine 4k ago(I now have 10k on my 08 FZ1). I put in EXPENSIVE Mobil 1 I got a the Yamaha dealer.

Are these synthetics what I see in the small Motorcycle section at Autozone or O'Riellys? The Automotive oil section has the same product. Are they different? Can you use anyones synthetic? I changed mine 4k ago(I now have 10k on my 08 FZ1). I put in EXPENSIVE Mobil 1 I got a the Yamaha dealer.

Yes all are full syn. The Rotella T is very cheap but as I said left me disappointed when I saw the internal parts of my motor. Mobil 1 is well priced at Wal-Mart. The amsoil I get mailed to me by a rep. Usually 45 for the oil, filter and shipping. I call him up a week before I plan to do it and it all shows up at my doorstep. If anyone wants his number just PM me.

I stopped using Rotella in 02 so I am sure it has improved by then but I plan on sticking with Amsoil.

T6 last oil change for me, better but not 100% from what I think shifting should be. I did put it in my 85 700s and made for happier shifting. Was thinking of Yami lube this time. Does it make a differance on filters ? Nothing like a good oil talk coming into riding season.

Back