Oil filter size for new 2009 FZ1?

Hi All. i just bought a practically brand new 2009 FZ1; this is my first post. Does anyone know what size the oil filter is? I would like to get one of those oil filter cap wrenches that fits over the end of the filter, but I'm not sure what size I need.

Last edited:
Yes!

I used the interwebs and went to the HiFloFiltro website and pulled up the schematic

Hiflofiltro: Catalogue

Looks like 65mm to me

Dustin,

A huge thanks to you! This is really helpful. How did you even know where to go? I tried multple intrnet searches to no avail. I just figured that someone would know from doing their own oil changes and from the hex oil filter wrench they use.

I guess this would be the size for all brands of oil filters for this bike and not just this particular brand. Is that correct?

By the way, those are really nice bikes you have. I can't believe you have a 1986 FZ600.. How many miles do you have on it, and how do you like it compared to the SV650?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond! :cheers:

Last edited:
You're welcome! I use HiFloFiltro filters and knew they list schematics on their website so it was no trouble. That should be the correct size for any filter you would use

Yes, the FZ is a recent acquisition from a fellow forum member and fellow Canadian, Lee (Oldschool is his forum handle). I bought it in January with around 17,000 miles on the clock. It's in showroom condition and was a great buy. :)

It's a fun bike, an absolute blast--light and nimble, very natural to ride and really rewarding! It feels very different than modern bikes & it does show its age in that respect. You can tell it was cobbled together with parts from a bin in response to its competition; that is one of the many things that make up the great character the bike has :)

Last edited:
Back