Ok to use a 120/60/17 Front on R6?

Gearhead82

Hi All. My Buddy has a 2005 R6 and accidentally ordered a 60 front tire instead of a 70 from jakewilson.com. We were planning to change his tires tomorrow because we have a group ride on Sunday.

I'm guessing it's just going to drop the front of the bike slightly? Is there any reason why using this tire could cause any problems with handling, etc? Would you install it instead of dealing with return shipping, etc if it was your bike?

He went with a PR2 rear and PP front.

Just realized I may have posted in the wrong section but the info should apply to an FZ1 also, since they use the same size front tire. Lol

Hi All. My Buddy has a 2005 R6 and accidentally ordered a 60 front tire instead of a 70 from jakewilson.com. We were planning to change his tires tomorrow because we have a group ride on Sunday.

I'm guessing it's just going to drop the front of the bike slightly? Is there any reason why using this tire could cause any problems with handling, etc? Would you install it instead of dealing with return shipping, etc if it was your bike?

He went with a PR2 rear and PP front.

Should'nt be a problem, i picked up a cheap 60 profile a while ago and it seem to work ok.

Back