older FZ1

packnrat

well i have found a couple fz1's for sale close to me, but not sure about them.
a 2001 sliver $3K and a 2004 black $4K both just under 30K miles.

both from dealers. is there anything i should look for in dealing with either bike?

history is unknown as no dealer will say the truth any how.

packnrat

Gen 1 are great bikes, common upgrades are Ivan's jet kit other than that look for typical stuff tires, chain, sprocket and overall condition of bike. You will get many miles out these so enjoy. As I say for any bike ride it and see if it is the bike for you, I was going to sell my Gen 1 for a new Ducati EVO until I rode it needless to say putting more miles on the Gen 1 again this year.

up here in portland the prices on used gen 1's usually doesn't get under $3k, so i dont think the prices are out of line. actually 3k for the 01 sounds like a decent deal, especially from a dealer. one thing to remember is the valve adjustment is due at 24k miles i think so that might need to be addressed? maybe work it in with the sale of bike if it is needed. good luck, i have had my 02 for a year and half and love it, you wont be disappointed.

looked at the 04 today and it had been down. dealer just forgot to add this to the ad.:eek5:
not bad damage. but it was cleaned up a bit.

I got my 2002 with 29,800mi on it for 3600 from a Stealership. They are actually pretty reputable. I've put just over 2k on it since December and I absolutely love it.

Back