On the Edge

Not to start a fight and it's nice to know that you have that type of job security. However, for someone that is going into the field with experience or without and has no certificates will most likely not be presented with the opportunity to prove what he knows and therefore will have a hard time finding a decent IT job. This is the reason why certificates and degrees come into play.

People that are in their 40s and that have been in the field from the early beginnings have the experience without certs but they have job history and most likely job security.

Someone new to the field with no certs will have a hard time finding a decent job if they are looking at a resume. What would the employer look at? \\" I see here that you say you know what you are talking about\\" \\"YOU\\"RE HIRED!\\" NOT.

Put yourself in his situation. Say hypothetically you are fired from your current job or are layn off for whatever reason. Now when you interview for another job your only reference would be that one company. Now if you didn't have that reference, how could you prove to them you know what you are talking about? You can't. That is my point. It is important in this day and age to have certs to help insure job security etc. Experience will only help you once you have the job. Certz and degrees will help you get the job.

Hey... lighten up FRANCIS! :retard: :D

He asked "how I liked the field" so I gave him MY story, straight answers and all honestly.

And, I've BEEN in his position many times. I've been through a lot of IT jobs because the field isn't the most stable. Just since moving to NH in 1998, I have been through 6 different jobs. I've been laid off from 4, terminated from one (burnt EVERY bridge leaving too!) and the last one was consulting. This job is the longest I've ever been at and finally have received some deserved recognition and promoted to where I should be. I got this job without the certs as well as without the experience. I'd never worked in that capacity before. The reason they hired me is because both the CIO and the IT Director were very strong technical people and recognized my potential. I had actually applied for, was interviewed for and accepted a Help Desk position with the company. They called me a week later and asked me to retract my acceptance and accept the Server/Storage position as they felt I was a better candidate for the position than the people who had applied.

Let me explain something else if you don't mind. ;) Experience and/or certs will not get you the job. Interview skills and resume writing are two of the MOST important skills to aquire before applying for any job. True, you can develop those skills and refine them with each new interview but that can be a long painful road. How you present yourself and the confidence you exude while being interviewed is critical. If you show any signs of doubt or uncertainy or hesitate or studder at answering direct questioning, all the experience and certs you own are worthless. The person interviewing you at that point loses confidence in your ability and you've just negated your chances of being hired.

I completely understand that he doesn't have certs OR experience but I think he is smart enough to know, it is one or the other.

Ok... let's all have a :icon_beer: and :Rockon: now. :D

Well I did the same as you today, no chicken strip on the right of the tire.I also got a speeding ticket along side Billy. LOL
Any way the front tire tells the whole story 1/4 " left on the right front. It's them dam bridge stone 016 feels much better than the M3

GUESS I POSTED IN TO THE WRONG POST.................

Last edited:
It might be based on total body dominance... Some right-handers are left FOOT dominant. I am actually more like Adam. ambidextrous but left prevails. I play all sports right handed, but I shoot rifles, pistols and bows left. I can eat with either hand and cut with a knife in either hand. But I'll be damned if I can get the bike over on the right as far as I can on the left without feeling the same amount of control. I guess I need to take Norm's advice and pound the weak spots... I think someone taking a video of me while following would help me a lot.

You've got me there... are you TOTALLY right, right foot too? Are you more analytical or more creative?

I'M right handed play pool left handed play football with either foot, seem to prefer the left foot over the right. I seem to corner the bike better on the left side, even though the chicken strips are even until today, right side has non and the left is @3/16. SO I would say you practice on your weak side to balance your riding skills.

Hey... lighten up FRANCIS! :retard: :D

He asked \"how I liked the field\" so I gave him MY story, straight answers and all honestly.

And, I've BEEN in his position many times. I've been through a lot of IT jobs because the field isn't the most stable. Just since moving to NH in 1998, I have been through 6 different jobs. I've been laid off from 4, terminated from one (burnt EVERY bridge leaving too!) and the last one was consulting. This job is the longest I've ever been at and finally have received some deserved recognition and promoted to where I should be. I got this job without the certs as well as without the experience. I'd never worked in that capacity before. The reason they hired me is because both the CIO and the IT Director were very strong technical people and recognized my potential. I had actually applied for, was interviewed for and accepted a Help Desk position with the company. They called me a week later and asked me to retract my acceptance and accept the Server/Storage position as they felt I was a better candidate for the position than the people who had applied.

Let me explain something else if you don't mind. ;) Experience and/or certs will not get you the job. Interview skills and resume writing are two of the MOST important skills to aquire before applying for any job. True, you can develop those skills and refine them with each new interview but that can be a long painful road. How you present yourself and the confidence you exude while being interviewed is critical. If you show any signs of doubt or uncertainy or hesitate or studder at answering direct questioning, all the experience and certs you own are worthless. The person interviewing you at that point loses confidence in your ability and you've just negated your chances of being hired.

I completely understand that he doesn't have certs OR experience but I think he is smart enough to know, it is one or the other.

Ok... let's all have a :icon_beer: and :Rockon: now. :D

I understand what you are saying I just want to make sure he knows what he is getting into. Last thing I want is for someone to enter a market that is flooded with no experience.

Well I did the same as you today, no chicken strip on the right of the tire.I also got a speeding ticket along side Billy. LOL
Any way the front tire tells the whole story 1/4 \" left on the right front. It's them dam bridge stone 016 feels much better than the M3

GUESS I POSTED IN TO THE WRONG POST.................

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you both get speeding tickets?
This bike is too damn fast!

Back