Options on Frame Sliders (Besides T-Rex)

I'm a big fan of Shogun. They have worked well for me and held up well in a crash. Not to mention - they are long enough for me to stretch my legs out and use them as hiway pegs when my legs get tired in the normal position.

If you are looking for something different - you might check out the crash bars from Twisted Throttle.

SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards (Yamaha FZ1 / FZS 1000 Fazer '01-'05) - TwistedThrottle.com

There are many threads on this so a search of the forums would pay off because to be honest - there is nothing new for us Gen 1 guys.

Mine came with frame sliders but the previous owner had had a low speed off and even though the sliders saved the bike from major damage, one side of the casing was scuffed so they didnt do their job properly.

I added these casing sliders just to be on the safe side, they look trick too for £40.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271114567368?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

2vloemr.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Shogun. They have worked well for me and held up well in a crash. Not to mention - they are long enough for me to stretch my legs out and use them as hiway pegs when my legs get tired in the normal position.

If you are looking for something different - you might check out the crash bars from Twisted Throttle.

SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards (Yamaha FZ1 / FZS 1000 Fazer '01-'05) - TwistedThrottle.com

There are many threads on this so a search of the forums would pay off because to be honest - there is nothing new for us Gen 1 guys.

I was "searched" for frame sliders....haven't had a lot of luck of finding a bunch. Where can I find the ones that you have?

The reason I'm looking specifically for the T-Rex sliders is that they mount to the frame, not the cast aluminum motor mount boss, (like so many of the other ones available do).

Back