Parts List or Fiche for an N Model

Has anybody found a Parts list (like Part Shark) for the N Model? I want to know if there is a plug in harness for the headlight/Instrument/turn sigs, like the one the S version has but single headlight and the right lengths.

There was not one that came with the headlight kit from partshark. I had to take apart the stalk turn signals and use the rubber plug to attach the LED tailights that I had bought. You may want to check with the other people that did the pod light install to see what they did.

Someone on the other FZ1 board posted a list of part numbers that I used when I did my bike, but there was no wiring harness. I can't remember the specific explanation, but I do remember the dealership telling me it made more sense to mod the existing harness. I think a new harness was a lot of money and too much work because they would have to replace all the way to the ECU. Some people just bundle it up and hide it, but they cut mine up and rebuilt it about 1/4 the size of stock. If you aren't scared of a little bit of splicing, it's probably the quickest and cleanest option.

I think the euro harness uses different wiring, on the back of my n headlight was a plug not compatible with anything on my stock harness. I set my stock harness aside and ordered an extra one from part shark, def pretty steep though at like 85 dollars. I then modded this harness based on a thread in the other forum called wiring the fz1n headlight, I something like that, very helpful pics on page 2...

Anyways I first tried removing the extra headlight plug like they said, but I think that removes a ground or something coz my high beam wouldn't work (I have an hid retrofit in the n headlight)

Regardless I was able to out that plug back on and open up the harness such that I could reorganize it. Now the only thing going up to my headlight is the gauge cluster wire, all the connections for pod lights and turn signals are under the tank and all in all it looks very clean. I finished all this yesterday but am currently out of town (should have just taken the bike) but ill be updating my conversion post with more details when I get back.

Back