Paved route through Alberta and BC

Would you friendly Canadians know how good a ride highway 97 is coming stateside crossing into osoyoos? Then west to abbotsford? Looks like a fun loop from here in Portland.

Would you friendly Canadians know how good a ride highway 97 is coming stateside crossing into osoyoos? Then west to abbotsford? Looks like a fun loop from here in Portland.

It's pretty good on highway 3 from Osoyoos to Hope but the best bits are East of Osoyoos and up into the Creston and Nelson areas! You could make a great loop of it. The 97 is mostly an open highway, not nearly as nice as highway 3

The stateside route ain't bad but nothing outstanding. I've done the route from Osoyoos into Idaho before and it's worth doing! Pretty things to see along the way

Thanks for the helpful hints! Good info for future reference. This summer is just too busy but I hope to get out for a week on my own next summer and am starting to look into a good 5-7 day loop.

Highway 40 between Longview Alberta and Highway #1

Here are a few from today's ride along Highway 40. It only recently opened after the flood damage last year.

Temporary bridge and short bypass.

Why the highway is blocked so well.

The short bypass is easy.

A little further south.

Another shorter route in BC

Quick%20pave%20loop.jpg

Attachments

• Aussie rental bike tour.gpx
    924.7 KB · Views: 7
Back