PCIII or PC5 for an 08 FZ1?

PCIII or PC5 for an 08?

So I've been looking at the mods and I have to laugh as I think I said earlier in the year that I wouldn't want to change the muffler or go as far as a Power Commander.... HA!!!
Well yep I want to do it now but will have to wait probably till next tax time... But anyway, my question is, will a PC5 work on a 06 to 08 model? As I'm sure I've seen some one's sig list a PC5 and it's on a 06 bike.
I emailed Dynojet and asked them the same question, but because you guys and gal's are a wealth of information I want to ask you... and because I've got a hunch one of you out there has done it...

Last edited:
The pc5 will work on 06-current. A lot of people still get the pc3 because it has an ignition module add on. The pc5 is supposed to have one in the works but Dynojet is dragging their feet big time.

Basically with pc3 you get ignition module and probably cheaper price and with the pc5 you get the ability to have two different maps and switch on the fly, one more column to play with on the fuel map, and the auto tune add on.

I don't have an auto tune but am very interested in one. I have heard mixed feelings with it. So I am also considering putting a air fuel ratio gauge on it instead.

I would agree if there was more than one colume. If they had added the 5% across the board I would deffinately say the PCV is the better deal but right now I don't see any advantage.

Auto tune on the FZ1 is a bust. Do some searching on the web. Right now there is no reason to go with the PCV over the PCIII.
The nice thing about the 5 vs. the 3 is the 5 adds a 15% throttle position column to the matrix. More granularity the better.

When I spoke to my local Authorised Dynojet guy, his opinion was that a fine tuned map done on the dyno is far better than a basic map and running the Auto Tune...

The pc5 will work on 06-current. A lot of people still get the pc3 because it has an ignition module add on. The pc5 is supposed to have one in the works but Dynojet is dragging their feet big time.

Basically with pc3 you get ignition module and probably cheaper price and with the pc5 you get the ability to have two different maps and switch on the fly, one more column to play with on the fuel map, and the auto tune add on.

I don't have an auto tune but am very interested in one. I have heard mixed feelings with it. So I am also considering putting a air fuel ratio gauge on it instead.

I like the idea of switching maps, my local tuner said he could do one for power and the other for economy and saw no need to run an auto tune module when the bike has been tuned properly on the dyno.

Or you could run dukes maps wich have been leaned out in the crusing rpms and go apeshit WFO. It's your call I just want to throw out some options for you.

Its just one column. Not really worth it in my opioion but it's your money so spend it as you see fit!:tup:

Yep your right there. I'm glad I rang my local tuner as he said that retail prices here in Oz have been reduced as it was far cheaper to buy the gear direct from the USA and ship it here, but we would not get warranty and cheap re-tunes on the dyno for mods added later. So they have dropped the price by at least $100 and it is now only about $120 more to buy it here, but you get full support.
I can get a PC5 installed and fully dyno'ed with 2 maps for about $850 here in oz now. As it's about $400 to dyno tune one anyway, so the install is almost free when their retail price of the PC5 is under $500 now...

I opted for the PCV for my '07. It's about 1/2 the size of the PCIII so it's easier to find space for it. Also, on the PCIII, you have to have a 9V battery connected to the unit if you want to change maps without the bike turned on. No need on the PCV. I got my new PCV for $277, which was only about $10 more than the cheapest price I could find on a PCIII.

Or you could run dukes maps wich have been leaned out in the crusing rpms and go apeshit WFO. It's your call I just want to throw out some options for you.

Thanks Krispy :)
Ah I remember now, the tuner said any map I download from America will need adjusting as australian fuel is slightly different, he said you guys set your stoichiometric ratio at 14.6:1 but in Oz it's 14.7:1 so any map needs an adjustment. Not sure if that's right about your stoichiometric ratio, but I do understand about tuning the map to my bike...

Last edited:
MAPS - Anyone have a modded ivan's Map

Hi I bought a Ivan's FCE and PC3 from him and he installed his map for my bike - Mods i've done on bike are - reduced flys, cat gutted, Slip-on, LARS air box, K&N air filter, AIS blocked off.

With the map he gave me the bike is so much nicer to ride. But I have heard that the USA fuel is different and there for the map need adjustment.

Does anyone have a Map that I could use with the mods i have done to my bike.

Thanks

Hi I bought a Ivan's FCE and PC3 from him and he installed his map for my bike - Mods i've done on bike are - reduced flys, cat gutted, Slip-on, LARS air box, K&N air filter, AIS blocked off.

With the map he gave me the bike is so much nicer to ride. But I have heard that the USA fuel is different and there for the map need adjustment.

Does anyone have a Map that I could use with the mods i have done to my bike.

Thanks

Good luck with it mate. Personally I would just take the bike to a dyno tuner and get it done properly.

Fuelling is only half of it, timing is the other half of the picture and just as important. With the PCV there isn't an ignition module available but the PC3 has one available. Whilst some users who have never experienced the IM will tell you it isn't worth it believe me it makes a huge difference in torque, smoothness and will make the bike run cooler. For this reason i would go with the PC3 rather than the PCV. Also as mentioned fuel differs from countrys so downloading someones map or maps provided by Dynojet isn't utilizing the PC3's full potental, why pay $300 for something your not going to get the most out of?. You really need the bike dyno-tuned, if you run your bike on 98 octane or whatever get it dynoed with that fuel and stick with it. Bang 4 $ the Powercommander & IM is the best performance mod out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back