Planning my 2012 End of Summer Road Trip

craig074

Below is the rough draft of my route from Florida to Pennsylvania. This is not set in stone. Going back to where I grew up to visit some old friends and thought I would make the trip on my motorcycle.

Marion Oaks, FL to West Grove, PA - Google Maps

So if any of you live in or have been through these areas, I would really appreciate some suggestions on nice roads where I might catch some twisties or some cool points of interest. Especially in PA, as I will be there for about a week and plan on riding most of the time.

I'm starting to plan out all the gear I need for myself and the bike. Taking two weeks off of work to make this trip and only planning on staying put in PA for 4-5 days. I want to take my time on the road and really enjoy myself.

Thanks

:sport12:

Below is the rough draft of my route from Florida to Pennsylvania. This is not set in stone. Going back to where I grew up to visit some old friends and thought I would make the trip on my motorcycle.

Marion Oaks, FL to West Grove, PA - Google Maps

So if any of you live in or have been through these areas, I would really appreciate some suggestions on nice roads where I might catch some twisties or some cool points of interest. Especially in PA, as I will be there for about a week and plan on riding most of the time.

I'm starting to plan out all the gear I need for myself and the bike. Taking two weeks off of work to make this trip and only planning on staying put in PA for 4-5 days. I want to take my time on the road and really enjoy myself.

Thanks

:sport12:

Hey man I am from Florida originally, have road through Ocala many times.

I'm in Maryland now. I can probably help you find some decent roads on your way to PA. I know a few people in PA as well. Keep me/us posted.

I recently rode from Savannah, GA to Northern New Jersey during the last leg of a 2,000 mile trip from NJ that had taken me thru WV, KY, TN and onward. While leaving GA I chose to stick to Route 17 almost the entire way. It was a nice road with some limited traffic and some scenic points. You are riding just inland from the coast for most of the way.

I left Savannah in the AM, had lunch in Charleston, SC rode thru Myrtle Beach and then spent the night in Sneads Ferry/Topsail Beach, NC. I continued on the following day for a ride to Virginia Beach where I spent the night at a friends house before continuing home the following day.

I was covering ground for the most part, with very limited sightseeing. If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Back