Planning to buy 2007 FZ1 tomorrow for $5800. Is this a good deal?

Almost had a youtube worthy fail trying to load the bike into the bed of my truck, but I came to my senses after one half-assed try at trying to ride the FZ1 up the ramp into the bed. We then walked the bike up the ramp and secured with ratchet straps.

No, no, no ...... never try to ride a bike into a truck bed or moving van, it is a recipe for a disaster. Youtube is filled with people trying to do this, glad you came to your senses before lightning hit. Post more pics when you can and enjoy riding!

Can't comment on the turtle but if you leave it on there take off the ugly passenger brackets/pegs and get an Evotech hanger to clean up that mess.

Last edited:
good job!! now sell that turtle sitting where the back seat goes and buy a pipe!!

Good advice. I've had that same thought. I can't believe the seller paid $800 for that ugly turtle shell. I mean there isn't even a live turtle inside.

The seller also included a brand new set of Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires that I would like to sell. I'm Michelin Pilot Road fan.

You did good grasshopper! My son starts SB City college next month so I have a feeling I'll be your way over the next few years.
I'm setting up a trailer for hauling bikes south when it's raining or snowing up here during the winter. Perhaps I drag the FZ1 down there sometime and we can ride north of town. Not many westerners on this forum.
My Fz1 likes the PRroads just fine.

Glad to see you got the bike. Considering all the "bling" on it it was a good deal. I'm sure you can sell whatever you don't want and recoup some of your money. Just based on what you posted the previous owner only bought "quality" stuff ;)

Bike does indeed look clean. Now that I see the better pics, that Corbin Smuggler trunk doesn't look that bad. It's an easy and secure way to carry some stuff when you don't have a pillion.

I like the "solo seat" look, especially with that little backrest pad. It will help to keep you on when your practicing your wheelies and your 150mph high speed passes!:poke: All kidding aside, I think the bike is awesome looking. Good luck with it.

Did the PO say why, after adding all the stuff to the bike, he was selling it. If I buy a previously owned bike, I want to know why or what the problem is with it. You got a decent deal if it's what you were looking for but he obviously didn't ride the thing, just added stuff. Maybe he came to the conclusion he just didn't have the nads for a litre sized sprt bike.

Did the PO say why, after adding all the stuff to the bike, he was selling it. If I buy a previously owned bike, I want to know why or what the problem is with it. You got a decent deal if it's what you were looking for but he obviously didn't ride the thing, just added stuff. Maybe he came to the conclusion he just didn't have the nads for a litre sized sprt bike.

The guy had 7 bikes plus a plane in his garage/airplane hanger! He had two Harleys, a Triumph Tiger 800, a KLR 650, a Honda Goldwing, a Suzuki GZ250 (for his wife), and the FZ1. Too many bikes/toys, so little time. Wouldn't we all like to have that problem?

Looks awesome! Glad you got the bike! I'm on the '07 cobalt blue and I'm loving it!

PS Dibs on the turtle if you decide to sell it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y]YouTube - ‪Zombie Kid Likes Turtles‬‏[/ame]

Good advice. I've had that same thought. I can't believe the seller paid $800 for that ugly turtle shell. I mean there isn't even a live turtle inside.

The seller also included a brand new set of Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires that I would like to sell. I'm Michelin Pilot Road fan.

Bike looks great, but I think I agree if you werent planning on doing any touring I think I would sell the turtle shell. I'd be interested in the tires, if and when you decide to sell them. I need a new set.

Thanks Craig

Back