please aware me on screws

cjbottaro

I'm looking to replace the plastic windscreen screws, so I took one to Home Depot and screwed it into their thread finder thing. It says "#10-32 fine".

Now when I'm looking online for screws, all I see is "#10-32"... I don't see anything about "fine". Will I be fine getting the non-fine screws? Pun intended.

Thanks for the help.

I would just hold one of the plastic screws up to the screws you are looking at and compare the threads to see if they are the proper type. That being said, many advise against replacing the plastic windscreen screws with metal ones because the plastic screws are used for safety to allow the windscreen to snap off should you collide with it in a wreck rather than cutting into you.

I'm looking to replace the plastic windscreen screws, so I took one to Home Depot and screwed it into their thread finder thing. It says "#10-32 fine".

Now when I'm looking online for screws, all I see is "#10-32"... I don't see anything about "fine". Will I be fine getting the non-fine screws? Pun intended.

Thanks for the help.

I have a set of these and they are very nice:

Yamaha R6 R1 FZ6S FZ1S Fazer FZ6 FZ1 S Windscreen Bolts - eBay (item 200525268841 end time Nov-28-10 06:51:49 PST)

They are 10-32 and that is 3/16" by 32 threads per inch. My guess is that an American company makes the inserts and does not make a metric version.

AW

They are 10-32 and that is 3/16" by 32 threads per inch. My guess is that an American company makes the inserts and does not make a metric version.

AW

The Japanese do not use imperial threads on their bikes.
Just check the link that was posted above by NJFZ1, they are M5 threads.

just let it be something as simple as the windscreen and not something like the passenger grab rails.....

Only imperial/SAE thread to make it on ones bike is if you/previous owner installs it.....

Back