Possible new Fz1 owner

Hi all!

I'm from Rochester, New York.

I have three bikes under my name: a 2000 SV650 Naked, 2005 SV650, and a 2005 Ninja ZX-6R.

I hate clip-ons. The 2005 SV650 has them (GSX-R front end, real cramped), and I just sold it to my best friend. Off that one goes.

And I want to sell the Ninja now, for more than one reason (clip-ons, and my housing situation for the next 1.5 years in which I have no garage).

Some guy contacted me through my Ninja's sales ad on Cragslist, wanting to trade his scratched 2002 FZ1 plus cash for my Ninja. I'm now awfully tempted to do so, because I've been wanting a a bike that's a bit faster than the Ninja, but with a handlebar. The bike's scratched up, which I'm fine with because it helps deters thieves. Compared to the Ninja.

So I'm here to learn more about the FZ1. I used to have a Ninja 500 and I sorely miss it. And I suspect the FZ1 is a lot alike, just in that it's faster.

:)

Hi all!

I'm from Rochester, New York.

I have three bikes under my name: a 2000 SV650 Naked, 2005 SV650, and a 2005 Ninja ZX-6R.

I hate clip-ons. The 2005 SV650 has them (GSX-R front end, real cramped), and I just sold it to my best friend. Off that one goes.

And I want to sell the Ninja now, for more than one reason (clip-ons, and my housing situation for the next 1.5 years in which I have no garage).

Some guy contacted me through my Ninja's sales ad on Cragslist, wanting to trade his scratched 2002 FZ1 plus cash for my Ninja. I'm now awfully tempted to do so, because I've been wanting a a bike that's a bit faster than the Ninja, but with a handlebar. The bike's scratched up, which I'm fine with because it helps deters thieves. Compared to the Ninja.

So I'm here to learn more about the FZ1. I used to have a Ninja 500 and I sorely miss it. And I suspect the FZ1 is a lot alike, just in that it's faster.

:)

If "handlebars" and a bit more "power" is what your longing for, then the 02' will be right up your alley! You've had a bunch of bikes so I will assume that you know what to look for in a used bike. You will definitely love the comfort and power of the GenI, just be careful when the tach reaches 8K! You had better be holding on good! Welcome and please post some shots of the FZ once or if you do the deal.

:welcome: bammer !! The FZ1 is a very addictive upgrade from the 600's. More of everything when it comes to performance. TONS of mods available and friendly people here too!! Welcome to the CLUB . . . :woot:

Welcome, The FZ1 is the best bike I have owned to date, I have a Gen II and love it. Scratches are bound to happen and you can wait till you have a garage again to "restore" it. And then you can do all the "Mods" these good people on the forum will help you with.

Back