Powerbronze Mudguard Extender

Bluey

Fitted my Powerbronze Mudguard Extender to try and reduce the amount of crap that gets thrown up over the radiator and motor. Got to say I am really pleased with the fit and finish of their stuff. I also got the Powerbronze CF heels guards, not sure what they do other than look great, but what the heck.

I'm interested to see how much protection it actually does provide. I guess I'll have to do some riding and find out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It does help, but not as much as I would have hoped for. By the way I chose to attach mine using epoxy instead of the rivets. Gave it a "cleaner" look.

attachment.php

Not to hijack but Tony, remember when we did your exhaust and I cleaned the headers with that stuff from the can? It was like cheesecloth or something. Could you tell me the name of it? I want to try and find some. I'm going to remove my headers to fully polish them. Thanks.

Not to hijack but Tony, remember when we did your exhaust and I cleaned the headers with that stuff from the can? It was like cheesecloth or something. Could you tell me the name of it? I want to try and find some. I'm going to remove my headers to fully polish them. Thanks.

It's made by Eagle One Billy. Here's the link to it. You should be able to find it at any of the big auto part chains.

Thanks bud! I couldn't for the life of me remember the name. I was telling my friend at work about it and how well it worked. Cool! Got to go and pick up a couple of cans. That stuff is amazing.

It does help, but not as much as I would have hoped for. By the way I chose to attach mine using epoxy instead of the rivets. Gave it a "cleaner" look.

NJFZ1, I'll be the first to admit that your mudguard looks a lot cleaner. I just haven't had a lot of success with adhesives and modern plastics so I thought I'd play it safe. By the way I didn't use rivets, they are stainless dome head M4 bolts, that little sucker is not going anywhere. Powerbronze did provide 4 dinky little self tappers but they looked too light weight for me.

Last edited:
NJFZ1, I'll be the first to admit that your mudguard looks a lot cleaner. I just haven't had a lot of success with adhesives and modern plastics so I thought I'd play it safe. By the way I didn't use rivets, they are stainless dome head M4 bolts, that little sucker is not going anywhere. Powerbronze did provide 4 dinky little self tappers but they looked too light weight for me.

Well as long as the parts are prepped properly (degreased and scuffed) modern two part epoxies hold up just fine in my experience. Yea, mine is not a Powerbronze brand, but a Pyramid one. It still came with three little screws that I didn't trust either.

I liked it better because it had a matte black finished instead of a glossy finish. I though it went better with the rest of the black on the bike.

Back