Powersport Tire Inflator

jskf16

www.fazerclub.gr
Maintaining proper tire inflation is critical on a motorcycle. A difference of as little as 5psi can drastically harm handling, reduce tire life, and cause overheating that could lead to catastrophic tire failure. Even if you check your tires at every fuel stop, the odds of finding a working air hose seems to be getting less and less all the time.

Eliminate the hassle of finding a hose to inflate your tires by keeping this compact inflator on your bike. At only 3-7/8" x 4-3/4" in size, this inflator is small - but it packs a punch, providing up to 300psi for inflation. It includes a rugged carrying case, and three power connectors - cigarette, battery clips, and ring terminals. It's compatible with Battery Tender pigtails, so if you already have one of those on your bike it'll plug right in. You can use a Powerlet adapter to plug the inflator into the accessory socket on a BMW also.

A basic tire gauge comes with the inflator, but we recommend the Road Gear gauges for greater reliability and ease of use.

Powersport Tire Inflator

2 notes :
1) I wouldn't endorse any particular brand of mini-compressor, get whatever works and is the right size.. add it to your "tire kit" it does no good carrying around a plug set with no way to re-inflate the tire (In emergency situations) and the opposite is also true. Carry a small compressor and some plugs.

2) Checking your tires at every fuel stop is not the way to go. I'm guessing that this post is directly copied and pasted from Slime's website, so it's their mistake, but, we all know tire pressures should be only checked COLD. If you normally run 38 PSI, and you've been out running around for a few hours, stop the bike for gas and check your pressure, and your pressure is 38PSI... guess what... Your Tires Are LOW. There's no right number for percentage of increase as far as cold vs. operating temp. tires, so there's no way of knowing if your heated tire is at the correct pressure. On that note, lets say you're a bad biker and didn't check your pressure when you started riding this morning. 2 fuel stops and several hours later, you remember your forgetfulness from the morning. You check your pressure, and it's either at your normal pressure or below. If your tires are at operating temp, and they're at normal pressure or below, you're low on air. The BEST thing to do at this point would be to roll your bike over to a nice shady spot and sit down with a drink and a sandwich while you wait for your tire to cool. After inspecting the tire to make sure that you don't have any punctures, and inspecting your valve stems for leaks and cracks, with the cold tire, you can now refill back to your normal running pressure. If the reading is high when you check it at operating temperature (E.G. you normally run 38 and it's at 42PSI) odds are, you're ok.

I agree with VA Rider and would also add that after I am familiar with a bike, usually after a week or so, I will know if my tires are holding pressure or not. If they are loosing pressure after only a day or two, I'd be looking for a bad or punctured tire or a porous wheel that is weeping air. I check only about once a week and if the weather hasn't changed, which will cause a change in pressure, as long as they are staying steady I don't sweat it too much.

I like the compressor. I would just hope that something that small would have the power you need. I know, I have a crappy 250psi plug in compressor that I keep in the car and you need 20 minutes to add air to the car's tires. It's not worth the wait. I would rather drive to the station and pay the 25 cents and be on my way in less than three minutes. I would however like to see one of these little units in action, I am just not ready to fork over 35 bucks to test it out.

I have the slime air pump as above and garage tested it and it fills my FZ1 rear tire about 5-7 lbs per minute. So far that is ok for me. About $25 at wallmart.

Back