Pre-Flight Times

Isleoman

Site Supporter
I'm not sure if it's just from getting older or maybe from getting more stuff but it seems like it takes me longer to get ready for a ride.

Typical scenario:

- Throw on armored pants and the appropriate weight undergarments and shirt
- Locating my wallet and cell phone and make sure it's got enough charge
- Put on riding boots
- Clean sun glasses and helmet shield
-Put on heated vest
- Move bike outdoors:
- Check oil level (when cold)
- Check chain and lubricate if required
- Visual check of tires / pressure
- Check fuel level odometer
-Start and warm up bike
- Put on leather jacket:
- Put on neck warmer
- Make sure heated gear connectors for gloves are exposed at wrist -
- Make sure reading glasses are in inner pocket
- Make sure all internal/external pockets and vents are zipped closed
- Put on helmet and tighten chin strap
- Put on sunglasses
- First connect heated gear connectors from jacket liner to gloves, then put gloves on
- Plug heated jacket liner into bike's power
- Get on and ride

This typically takes me 20 minutes. This is my shortest amount of steps to get ready when it's cool. Adding my Cardo Edge and music player and getting them synced/charged adds another 20 minutes on top of that, if I'm lucky. If I had to deal with my wife's Cardo and syncing that to mine...... add even more time. Lately I've just been leaving the Cardo at home. I can get it down to 15 min with no heated gear.

So how long does it take you to get ready.

A real ride…probably about the same. Minus the heated stuff. Surprised it takes that long to get your cardo going. Mine syncs to phone auto when It is turned on. Doesn’t yours?

the daily commute is probably about three minutes. Appropriate jacket and gloves, ear plugs, cardo…gone. But that doesn't count.

Cardo now links quickly with android phone but then there is the music player. I needed the cardo last year as I was caring for an elderly relative and needed constant access to have any freedom to ride. Now that she has passed I can just return calls when I stop.

CRS? Constant Reminder Syndrome. Went for ride last Sunday and stoped to refuel 30 miles from home with needle on 1/8 tank. Start the re-fueling process and realized I forgot my wallet. Just made it home without running out of fuel

I can see why a lot of commuters use one piece suits to speed gearing up.

Edit: Can't Remember Shite

Last edited:
Back