Pro-Oiler Satellite Module

Dustin

So my wonderful & stupendous girlfriend got me a Pro-Oiler Satellite kit for my birthday!

I have about 300 km on it now so I thought I'd make a little thread about it

What makes this kit so cool and desirable is that it's 100% electronic and not fed by gravity or vacuum like most other systems. The satellite module detects movement and controls the oil flow via an adjustable controller. The oil is fed to the nozzle via an electric pump and this means you can control oil flow very effectively regardless of conditions. It's set it and forget it, perfect for road trips with no more chain maintenance required on the road. If I'm riding through rain, just turn up the flow via the controller mounted on my dash.

The idea of this kind of system is that it's a 'total loss' system, what goes on the chain also comes off, including all the dirt and grime that would normally stick to conventional chain lubes and make a nasty gritty paste.

Here's what comes in the box

Here's the nozzle mounted on the swingarm. The VFR has a specific kit for it that makes it bolt on

Here's the controller mounted on the dash

PO-vfr-vtec-AB-C1g.jpg

So far, it works better than I could have hoped. The GPS module is fantastic and controls the pump over speed & distance. When you're stopped, it's stopped.

The chain and o-rings always look properly lubricated and the whole assembly is clean, even after riding in the pouring rain. The best part? After a few thousand km, I should be free of the dreaded 'black gunk' that always builds up around sprockets and is such a pain to clean.

They claim the 125 ml bottle of oil should last 'thousands of km'. We'll see!

Last edited:
I thought I'd update with a few close-up shots of the chain & sprockets. These photos were taken after a few days of riding in very heavy rain; the chain was not wiped clean at all

Close up of the nozzle and the sprocket

Chain & sprocket

Sideplate and rollers

And again

I sent these photos to the company to get some feedback on whether I'm in the ballpark but it all looks great to me. According to their FAQ, I think I'm on the money

What do y'all think?

Last edited:
Arnold at Pro Oiler got back to me and said I might be just a touch on the lean side. I will turn up the setting and see how it looks. I also decided that a 5w oil might be too thin and opted for a 20w instead. It is noticeably thicker and may make a difference.

Last edited:
Back