Pureone

I remember a while back there was thread about oil filters and a few inexpensive brands that were brought up.

SuperTech
Puralator Pureone

What I find most interesting is info from Puralator website below. I will admit I was one to jump on the Pureone filter, but I will be switching back to my factory brand. Lesson for today "Take everything you read on forums with a grain of salt" Just wanted to share.

Motorcycle Filters

A fact to think about from my days as an ASE certified master tech: there are only a few manufacturers of oil filters in the world. At one time Wix made almost all factory and aftermarket filters. Just some food for thought before you spend 20 bucks on a Wix filter that says Yamaha on it...................

I remember a while back there was thread about oil filters and a few inexpensive brands that were brought up.

SuperTech
Puralator Pureone

What I find most interesting is info from Puralator website below. I will admit I was one to jump on the Pureone filter, but I will be switching back to my factory brand. Lesson for today "Take everything you read on forums with a grain of salt" Just wanted to share.

Motorcycle Filters

I had seen (and even posted about this before). I use the Pureone filters on my car, but no longer use them on the bike. I can tell you that they are efficient because the oil certainly takes longer to "look" dirty vs using a "regular" (non-synthetic media) filter. If they are posting that warning about bikes it's probably because they have had some negative experience with them. I wont chance it...

A fact to think about from my days as an ASE certified master tech: there are only a few manufacturers of oil filters in the world. At one time Wix made almost all factory and aftermarket filters. Just some food for thought before you spend 20 bucks on a Wix filter that says Yamaha on it...................

Thanks but it's $13 by the way. We can probably say the same for oil but yet we swear by Mobil1..... Just sayin :)

Last edited:
I read through those websites and forum threads about other filters and what-not but in the end I decided to stick to the HiFloFiltro filters as they're only $4-6 for most of the bikes I have purchased them for (FZ1 included)

Sounds like a great marketing ploy to get you to buy their motorcycle line of filters. The PL14610 PureOne filter has been in use on motorcycles for years by numerous people with zero problems.

It all just comes down to liability, and Purolator is just covering their asses so they don't get sued.

Sounds like a great marketing ploy to get you to buy their motorcycle line of filters. The PL14610 PureOne filter has been in use on motorcycles for years by numerous people with zero problems.

I think you completely missed it. The website I posted suggesting you not use the Pureone on your motorcycle was "Puralator's Website". My post was just informational just in case they are others like myself who wasn't aware that Pureone was not suggested for motorcycles. It's not my intent to tell anyone what filter to use, since I myself don't know either. Sticking with stock.

It all just comes down to liability, and Purolator is just covering their asses so they don't get sued.

Or maybe, because they made the filter, they know it doesn't meet the requirements for motorcycle use. What a concept!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back