Question on Rossi/Spies (NO Spoilers.....)

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
OK, so I know that there are TONS of books out there and need to do some of my own research, but I have a general question about some things I've seen both Rossi and Spies do.....

What is the purpose of kicking ones leg off of the foot peg (left/right) prior to entering into a turn?

Rossi seems to do it more and saw Spies do it in the 1st round race in Italy....

Thanks,
BroHay

Stoner seems to do it as does Lorenzo but not to any significant degree.

I just assumed that it was a weight transfer thing. The C of G must alter dramatically under those conditions when something with the mass of a leg is thrust out. What about an air brake again that much mass has a lot of resistance. You seem to have managed again to make me feel the need to have a read up on the subject. Very interesting though I have to say:D

Rossi seems to be the Master of the "leg-flick", as well as the master of many other things. Whether he is in the hunt or way out in the lead.

Time for me to start searchin' the net as well.....

BroHay

Weight Transfer somewhat yes. also catching that wind at high speeds will help shift into a harder turn. so they're stay on the throttle as long as possible and getting everything they can to help with the turn. kinda like sticking your hand out the window while driving down the road. a lot more riders are starting to follow suite and rossi will have his work cut out for him making it more noticeable in the last year or so

Back