Quick lunch and no wheely

I'm the happy new owner of a '05 FZ1 and I'm still amazed and to some degree scared of this bike's power... jumping from 35hp/39ft-lb at the rear wheel to 120hp/71ft-lb is a big change.
Anyway, while I'm enojyimg the acceleration power of this bike, I am being very conservative with the throttle trying to get to know the bike in baby steps... that said, some advice from the experts wouldn't be a bad thing.

So, here are my questions:

How to do a quick lunch without lifting the front wheel?
What are the recommended shifting points to keep 1/4 mile accelaration, but avoiding lifting the front wheel?

Thanks.

PD Bike is all stock.

As Steve F said, don't be too worried about sending the front tire to the moon and if you're moving from a pretty mild mannered bike to tht FZ1, Id take my time trying to get there. If you want to check the 1/4 mile times, better go to a track where at least you won't be competing with the cages on the road. Just enjoy the new toy, they are a blast to ride, whether you want to kick it up a few notches or just enjoy the power while keping it in the sane box. There will be plenty of time to put it to the test. Welcome to the forum.:thewave:

I guess you should eat a full LUNCH to put more food in your stomach to weigh down the front end.

I've never run stock gearing so I would not know, but I have (15/47) which allows me to take advantage of faster acceleration but lose some of the top end....but I have not even come close to the top end.

Anyway, if you tuck and put you weight forward you should be good and not going light in the front.

6k for 1st
8k for 2nd
9.5k for 3rd and if you are lucky enough to have more road (or don't chicken out around 100) you can let me know for 4th...

BroHay

That's exactly what I needed to know. I'm taking my time and I'm enjoying it. But I heard that litter bikes "raise the front end as you open the throttle", and I was a little bit concerned about that.
But, based on your responses, this is not quite the case with the FZ1 and that's a good thing.
Thanks everybody.

Back