R1 Forks and tree's for sale..

Prongomatic

Hello
I previously had these R1 forks on my Gen-1.
I recently upgraded to different forks and have the old ones for sale.
They are 98/99 R1-Forks which are 41mm in diameter. (They sit 40mm less than the FZ1 forks)
The R1 yokes and the front axel are included.
The Gen FZ1 brakes, and front tire will fit.

There are many links on how to do this conversion. Depending on your mechanical abilities its not that hard. Do your research.

Things you will need for the conversion:
1)Spacers for the handle bar risers. I drilled out the top yoke so the risers fit. But the spacers and risers I kept for my current swap.
2) A bottom FZ1 yoke. I pressed out the R1 stem and pressed in the FZ1 stem when I did the conversion. You will need to swap out stems.
3) A custom spacer for the stem. This way the height on the stem matches the top yoke and doesn't rattle. I also kept this spacer.
4) You will also need to find a way to configure the front brake hose bracket to fit on the bottom yoke. I have steel braided lines so this was not an issue.
5) A 1998/99 R1 Fender/Mud-guard. The FZ one will not fit.

The forks are a little scuffed up and need a good polish or powder coat. But they are straight, solid, and have no broken tabs. I drained the fork oil (The seals did not leak) but I would replace the seals and put new fluid in.

The Bad: The left damper screw on the top fork is stuck in the fully closed position. The forks came like this and it looks like something scuffed it. It works as-is and you can still turn the 15mm bolt. You can get a replacement on E-bay cheep. I don't know if the FZ one will fit.

So I am looking for $100 plus shipping. Depending on where you live it could be a nice cheep project for you. If no one is interested I will post them on E-bay.

Thanks for looking..

Last edited:
Back