R1 yokes ?

Zacne

Hi guys

I'm trying to get a gen2 FZ1 back together. I bought it of my mate after he had an off a while ago.

I had a major set back today. I have found out that bottom yoke is bent and I need to replace it.

There isn't a single fz1 gen2 yoke available in the UK that I know of and I was wondering if there were any r1 yokes that would work on gen2?

Thanks
Greg

Sent from my mobile apple command iCenter

Last edited:
Yessir that is a common upgrade. Just do a search.

I made a mistake in the bottom paragraph. I already have r1 forks. Yokes are what I'm after.

All research I have done came up with gen1 yoke upgrade. Nothing about gen2...?

Thx
Greg

Alao couldn't find FZ1 parts so used 06 triples/yokes top and bottom to match the forks. Remember there being a bearing oddness that having the R1 and FZ1 bearings on hand fixed. Or was it dust seal? Anyway, switched to the Allballs taper bearings and haven't looked back.
Most work was getting the top triple to work with my Rizoma bars and clamps. Used a fair amount of JBweld to fill the cavities in the lightweight R1 top triple and fabbed some aluminium plates for the underside. Also had to switch ignition barrels, trim steering stops on lower triple and relocate horn.

The Rebuild | Touge-Express

Actually, it works well. Withe the FZ1 triples it was a little harder on front tyres and didn't feel as maneuverable.

Last edited:
Alao couldn't find FZ1 parts so used 06 triples/yokes top and bottom to match the forks. Remember there being a bearing oddness that having the R1 and FZ1 bearings on hand fixed. Or was it dust seal? Anyway, switched to the Allballs taper bearings and haven't looked back.
Most work was getting the top triple to work with my Rizoma bars and clamps. Used a fair amount of JBweld to fill the cavities in the lightweight R1 top triple and fabbed some aluminium plates for the underside. Also had to switch ignition barrels, trim steering stops on lower triple and relocate horn.

The Rebuild | Touge-Express

Actually, it works well. Withe the FZ1 triples it was a little harder on front tyres and didn't feel as maneuverable.

Well done there! This looks like hassle tho! I don't even have a table in my garage I don't think I will be able to go this route...

How do you find your bar end mirrors? Are they any good?

What exhaust have you got?

Greg

Well done there! This looks like hassle tho! I don't even have a table in my garage I don't think I will be able to go this route...

How do you find your bar end mirrors? Are they any good?

What exhaust have you got?

Greg

I searched high n low for an R1 top triple for upright bars with no success. That would have made things ALOT easier. Still searching actually...

Bar end mirrors? Great. they take some getting used to but definitely sorted out the airflow problem I was having around my helmet at higher speeds.

Exhaust? Graves full system ceramic coated. Love it!

Look for forum member Devilsyam aka 'king of bling' . Very knowledgeable for Gen 1,and recently acquired a Gen 2 and went to work on it.

As long as the diameter is the same, I don't see why it won't work. The problem gets to be tying everything together to keep the same OEM specs if using parts from other models/years.

Check out the UK Fazer forum, might find some info there, or put you in touch with people who can help you finish what you are trying to start that are more local.

Good luck.

Sent from: GS4

For the record, Gen 1 owner with 07 R1 bottom/FZ Gen 2 top triple with OEM Gen 1 steering stem. With some fabrication from the UK to hold everything in place.

Sent from: GS4

Back