rear shock

hi can any won advise me on what rear shock is good for my bike 09 fz1-n i have looked at the ohiln and the nitron i use the bike mainly on the rd but would also like to take it on the track i find the stock a bit hard and can feel the bumps in the rd travel up my spine and to my head i weigh around 19 st so i am guesing the stock s not up to it .

acro- slip on k&n fillter pc5 auto tune belly pan fly screen gell seat rear grab rail tail tidy i no its lush grifite grey.

hi can any won advise me on what rear shock is good for my bike 09 fz1-n i have looked at the ohiln and the nitron i use the bike mainly on the rd but would also like to take it on the track i find the stock a bit hard and can feel the bumps in the rd travel up my spine and to my head i weigh around 19 st so i am guesing the stock s not up to it .

acro- slip on k&n fillter pc5 auto tune belly pan fly screen gell seat rear grab rail tail tidy i no its lush grifite grey.

Can't go wrong with the Ohlins if you can afford it. Another good option that a few members here have gone for is the Penske shock. Do a search and you'll find out more details.

You weight about the same as me, the stock shocker isn't up to the job. I have Ohlins YA906- best mod on this bike. If you can afford it Ohlins or Penske are the best.

There are threads here about people who went to great lengths to retrofit a R1 shock since used ones are plentiful and cheap however they are too short. I've heard that an '09 or '10 Suzuki GSXR 1000 shock is the same length, is adjustable and is a decent unit - about $150 to $200 used.

Back