Retro Kits in Australia

Ok,,,what is a retro kit ?

Retro Kit ......new tank, fairing, tail piece, and front fender....

standard.jpg

I've always liked that retro kit and some dealers were selling them for $599 + shipping recently. I believe they have now been discontinued by Yamaha.

One thing I never did care for was the front red fender. Looks so much better in white (at least to me :)) Here's one I came across last year:

attachment.php

One thing I never did care for was the front red fender. Looks so much better in white (at least to me :)) Here's one I came across last year:

I don't mind the red fender (for historical reasons) but to balance things out I painted the rear hugger red.....makes it flow better.

standard.jpg

Can you post a photo of the whole bike with the red front/Hugger. I'm not too sure about the front guard in red either. I was thinking of repainting it white with the red slash to match? But that hugger looks good.

Sorry just had another look through and saw your bike. Bugger! If I do the hugger we'll have identical bikes as I was also going to paint the wheels satin black and have the same carbon bits.

Hi!

I would also appreciate the color code for the red. I just ordered Retro kit from USA (to Europe) and I would also like to have a red rear hugger.

And the color code for the white would also be great. I already have a very nice seat cowl. I would much rather use my old one (painted in retro kit white). It looks better than the one from retro kit.

Regards from Europe, J

Hi Evitzee do you have the color code for the red?

I bought a couple of cans of red spray paint at Lowe's/Walmart and found one that matches very closely, can't remember which brand it was, but both were close. Because the hugger is not that close to the front fender a slight mismatch is not perceptible to the eye.

If you really want the correct Yamaha paint codes here they are from the Colorite website. Note they are for an R1 since these codes don't officially exist for the FZ1 Retro model, but the colors are the same, BWC1 for the white, VRC1 for the red. Yamaha has been using these colors for years and they don't change. They are a three step process: Base, Color, Topcoat so they are not something you just paint up in your garage unless you are familiar with these sorts of paints. That's why I went with the single spray color for the red, since it is a solid color. But the pearly white color would need the full three step process to look right.

Paint Search :: Color Results - ColorRite

Last edited:
Thanks Evitzee, is the rim tape on your bike what comes with the kit? or aftermarket? Still waiting for Santa to bring my kit so plenty of time to think about what to tart it up with.

I think Yamaha US has now discontinued but you can try your Dealer. Also had one left on Ebay I'll try to get the item number for it here 330629018274 . That is from Minnesota. Just go to ebay and cut and paste that nember in the search

Back