Riding backpacks

Ok my friends, my Cortech backpack finally exploded after getting road rashed in my off. I need a new one, I want to spend under 100 bucks, I want lots of pockets, some reflective, a decent strapping system, and I like the Moose Racing expedition pack but NO ONE has it in stock. What do you all like? Recommendations? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok my friends, my Cortech backpack finally exploded after getting road rashed in my off. I need a new one, I want to spend under 100 bucks, I want lots of pockets, some reflective, a decent strapping system, and I like the Moose Racing expedition pack but NO ONE has it in stock. What do you all like? Recommendations? Thanks!

What about a top case with a strap you can carry off the bike? Saves you from carrying a monkey on your back :)

What about a top case with a strap you can carry off the bike? Saves you from carrying a monkey on your back :)

One problem with a Tank Bag is they have magnets in them to hold them to the tank, and that makes it no good for electronics. I am currently schlepping my laptop in my Camelbak, I have a big camelbak and a small lappy so it works, but eventually I too want to get a bigger pack.

Hi Missyl1713 and Dustin, I rode 30+ years with back packs, the strapes have worn throuh the shoulders of my jackets but now Im in motorbike heaven with my Givi V46 top box. I use a man bag now and put it in my top box were ever I go but my Fazer dos'nt look as cool as it is without the top box. For me now comfort is were its at.:Rockon:

I LOVE Swiss brand backpacks. You can grab them at Target and I think they look nice. My backpack was actually mislabeled for a cheaper price and I nearly put it back when I found out it was $50 but I went a head and bought it when I saw the obvious quality.
I can put my 17" laptop in the large slot and have room to spare. It seems to be pretty much water resistant (so far). I have been caught in several rain storms and NOTHING in my pack got wet. It has been incredibly durable as well. I have a habit of shoving as much STUFF as humanly possible inside this sucker! It has held up perfectly!! The zippers and zipper tracks are about 3 times as large as the zippers I have seen on other backpacks.
I have really become a fan of Swiss backpacks. I don't see my exact model but this is pretty close. You can save a few bucks on Amazon - plus they have a nice selection.....but so does Target.

Missy I know you said under $100 but this is $145 and meets your needs. Reflective included. Too much for me personally but it may be what you're looking for.

ICON SQUAD 2 BACKPACK | MotoSport

I've actually been eyeballing that one, I really like it's functionality, and I've seen it for 125 shipped on eBay. Does anyone have it? Do the sleeve thingys come off? Not real thrilled about those. :)

One problem with a Tank Bag is they have magnets in them to hold them to the tank, and that makes it no good for electronics. I am currently schlepping my laptop in my Camelbak, I have a big camelbak and a small lappy so it works, but eventually I too want to get a bigger pack.

Not a tank bag but a soft case that straps to the back.

Riding with a pack on your back is asking for trouble if you ever go down. That mass strapped on your back is not a good thing to have.

I have a Swiss backpack that has been in use for 5+ years and commuted over 25k miles with it strapped to the back seat of my bike with an Eclipse bungie net.

When I rode in inclement weather, I put the bag in a garbage bag, nothing electronic ever got damaged.

The weight of the bag was fixed to the bike and did not disturb handling as much as having that weight on your back where it can work against you in fast and tight manuvering situations.

Only negative against this scenario is the bungee net did wear on my paint. Not important to me as I consider my ride a tool rather than a jewel.

If you want to keep your bike pristine, Givi is the best way to go.

I've actually been eyeballing that one, I really like it's functionality, and I've seen it for 125 shipped on eBay. Does anyone have it? Do the sleeve thingys come off? Not real thrilled about those. :)

I've got this one and would not recommend it. Not thrilled with the quality for $100+. It's heavy. And the zippers are cheap. The sleeves do come off, but it's a hassle to use them, so I took them off. Without the sleeves the fit is not great. I use it as my commuter pack and got it for the reflectivity and yellow color, which I can't complain about. I'll keep using it untill the zippers crap out.

hey missy, i just bought a back pack on ems.com they have been having a ton of sales lately especially on their brand gear. this is the one i have and it's at an even better price than i ended up getting it for about a month ago. they are great quality and very innovative with the pockets and such. and well within your price range. EMS Four Wheel Jive Daypack - Eastern Mountain Sports

BINGO! I saw it, I liked it, I bought it, aside from reflectivity it's PERFECT. :)
Thanks for the input on the Squad pack, I had reservations about how comfortable it would be..and cheap zippers drive me nuts. :)

Riding with a pack on your back is asking for trouble if you ever go down. That mass strapped on your back is not a good thing to have.

I have a Swiss backpack that has been in use for 5+ years and commuted over 25k miles with it strapped to the back seat of my bike with an Eclipse bungie net.

When I rode in inclement weather, I put the bag in a garbage bag, nothing electronic ever got damaged.

The weight of the bag was fixed to the bike and did not disturb handling as much as having that weight on your back where it can work against you in fast and tight manuvering situations.

Only negative against this scenario is the bungee net did wear on my paint. Not important to me as I consider my ride a tool rather than a jewel.

If you want to keep your bike pristine, Givi is the best way to go.

Actually, I was wearing the last pack in my off and slid quite a ways on my back and helmet, and was glad I had it on, it saved damage to my jacket. :)

BINGO! I saw it, I liked it, I bought it, aside from reflectivity it's PERFECT. :)
Thanks for the input on the Squad pack, I had reservations about how comfortable it would be..and cheap zippers drive me nuts. :)

great choice, i really doubt you will be disappointed. and a great price too. i think i bought mine a month ago for $84, which to me is still a good deal. as far as the reflective tape goes, you'll figure out a solution to that. it is the most comfortable pack i've ever had. i got it to finally rejoin civilian society and retire my military assault pack from every day use. i love every piece of ems gear i have. they have great customer service too. did you get the black like mine?

Hi Missyl1713 and Dustin, I rode 30+ years with back packs, the strapes have worn throuh the shoulders of my jackets but now Im in motorbike heaven with my Givi V46 top box. I use a man bag now and put it in my top box were ever I go but my Fazer dos'nt look as cool as it is without the top box. For me now comfort is were its at.:Rockon:

I hear you there!

I've been using my V46 case for a couple years now and I will never ever buy a bike that can't run a hard case setup. I love the fact I can pack 5 gallons of oil in it or load up with a month's worth of groceries and I don't have to worry about lugging it on my back like a fool. :Rockon:

great choice, i really doubt you will be disappointed. and a great price too. i think i bought mine a month ago for $84, which to me is still a good deal. as far as the reflective tape goes, you'll figure out a solution to that. it is the most comfortable pack i've ever had. i got it to finally rejoin civilian society and retire my military assault pack from every day use. i love every piece of ems gear i have. they have great customer service too. did you get the black like mine?

Yup, I liked the plain black. Thanks much for the suggestion!

Back