Riding on MAY 3RD around bear mtn area, NY...nothing but twisties n scenery!!

Taking my normal route on thursday, 5/3/12 around Bear mountain, NY...anyone is welcome to join! as the title says these roads are very twisty...goin from decreased radius turns, pretty good back to back sweeps, a lot of elevation changes and the best thing is there is not too much highway miles just the good stuff!!:sport12:

heres the map check it out: THE RIDE

Meeting place: palisades mall parking lot ( gas station close by if u need )
Time: 9:30/10:00

i hope four days prior is good enough time for some people to make it

ORIGINAL THREAD: Riding on MAY 3RD around bear mtn area...nothing but twisties n scenery!! - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Crap! I was up on Perkins this morning and Seven Lakes Drive. I see you included Rte 218, very nice! These are the same roads I ride every weekend. Unfortunately I have to work Monday thru Friday. I see they raised the Toll at the Bear Mountain Bridge to $1.50 I was sitting there waiting for him to open the gate and he's just looking at me. I'm like "whats the matter"?? He points down to the new sign! Oops!

Anyway, whenever your riding on the weekends, just let me know. I'd like to try the YZF on 218 a couple of times!

P.S. Here's the link to today's post..... http://www.998cc.org/forum/bar/14762-back-first-ride-yzf.html

Crap! I was up on Perkins this morning and Seven Lakes Drive. I see you included Rte 218, very nice! These are the same roads I ride every weekend. Unfortunately I have to work Monday thru Friday. I see they raised the Toll at the Bear Mountain Bridge to $1.50 I was sitting there waiting for him to open the gate and he's just looking at me. I'm like "whats the matter"?? He points down to the new sign! Oops!

Anyway, whenever your riding on the weekends, just let me know. I'd like to try the YZF on 218 a couple of times!

P.S. Here's the link to today's post..... http://www.998cc.org/forum/bar/14762-back-first-ride-yzf.html

Awesome places to ride!! RT 218 was kinda scary for me at first cuz i first went wen they just re-opened it after the winter and it was still a lil icy! and since you kno already one side of the road is straight boulders and the other side is a 15 story straight cliff w/ only a 3ft concrete barrier!!! lol

will definitely be holding this ride again soon next time it will be on the weekend! kinda sux on the weekends a lot more traffic= goin slow! :cry:

Awesome places to ride!! RT 218 was kinda scary for me at first cuz i first went wen they just re-opened it after the winter and it was still a lil icy! and since you kno already one side of the road is straight boulders and the other side is a 15 story straight cliff w/ only a 3ft concrete barrier!!! lol

will definitely be holding this ride again soon next time it will be on the weekend! kinda sux on the weekends a lot more traffic= goin slow! :cry:

I never had a problem doing 218 on Sundays early, before the cagers wake up. I know what you mean about the boulders! I'm sure you know if your coming up from the "town side" that there is a sharp right hander where the rocks stick out close to your head! I always blow that turn, even doing it more than 20 times! It's a cool road though, not very long but nice to do a few times. I'm always out early on the weekends so that I have the roads basically to myself, and when I'm heading back home, thats when everyone starts heading out. Thats pretty much why I ride alone. Most of my friends that ride don't want to leave at 7:30 or 8am in the morning. I love it though, having a peaceful ride and being able to "get on it" when I want, without having a ton of nuts driving their cars.

I never had a problem doing 218 on Sundays early, before the cagers wake up. I know what you mean about the boulders! I'm sure you know if your coming up from the "town side" that there is a sharp right hander where the rocks stick out close to your head! I always blow that turn, even doing it more than 20 times! It's a cool road though, not very long but nice to do a few times. I'm always out early on the weekends so that I have the roads basically to myself, and when I'm heading back home, thats when everyone starts heading out. Thats pretty much why I ride alone. Most of my friends that ride don't want to leave at 7:30 or 8am in the morning. I love it though, having a peaceful ride and being able to "get on it" when I want, without having a ton of nuts driving their cars.

i ride that whole map at least twice a month sometimes by myself early in morning it takes a while and when i get to rt 301 in carmel schools are out already and traffic is the worst...if u like rt 218 u'll LOVE rt 106 its like a mini tail of the dragon...lemme kno when u ride up there im down just let me kno like 4 days prior so i can call outta work lol :evillaugh:

i ride that whole map at least twice a month sometimes by myself early in morning it takes a while and when i get to rt 301 in carmel schools are out already and traffic is the worst...if u like rt 218 u'll LOVE rt 106 its like a mini tail of the dragon...lemme kno when u ride up there im down just let me kno like 4 days prior so i can call outta work lol :evillaugh:

I always do 106. I was devastated when they closed it for a few years. They just need to pave it because coming back from 17 it's full of potholes. I don't think they'll do it though because they know that bikes will be tearing it up there if they do.

I always do 106. I was devastated when they closed it for a few years. They just need to pave it because coming back from 17 it's full of potholes. I don't think they'll do it though because they know that bikes will be tearing it up there if they do.

yea that whole hurricane irene shifted a whole portion of the road right after the round about...i hope they do repave it lol !:sinister: its about like a block and a half of straight bumps

anyone else wants come?

Sure wish I lived up that way. The roads here in RI suck. Only good riding around here is all highway miles. I have yet to find some good twisty roads where you can really get on it and not have those shiny blue lights in your mirrors.:tdown: Maybe one of these days I can convince my wife to let me get away for a weekend and go there for some real riding.

Sure wish I lived up that way. The roads here in RI suck. Only good riding around here is all highway miles. I have yet to find some good twisty roads where you can really get on it and not have those shiny blue lights in your mirrors.:tdown: Maybe one of these days I can convince my wife to let me get away for a weekend and go there for some real riding.

Your only 3 or so hours away from here buddy!

motorcycleroads.us can help u out on finding some twisty roads in ct and ma....i really recommend rt 7 in kent, ct...went there on the last fz6 group ride. really nice! toymakers cafe is a bonus at the end of rt 7

Back