Right rear tail light inop

New member and proud new owner of 2003 FZ1 and could use some help. My right rear tail light is not working but the turn signal is. All other lights work fine. I am only getting voltage to socket when turn signal is activated. Relay checks fine and I disassembled left turn signal switch assembly and it looks all good. Any help would be appreciated. By the way great site.

I just want to say thanks to all who read my post and inform you my problem is solved. Yea! I realized after research the right rear was working correctly and that the left rear was my problem, it was lit when it should'nt be. I found the wiring misconnected at the left front turn signal and all is well now.

Thanks again.

Hey, SAME problem here!!...

I just want to say thanks to all who read my post and inform you my problem is solved. Yea! I realized after research the right rear was working correctly and that the left rear was my problem, it was lit when it should'nt be. I found the wiring misconnected at the left front turn signal and all is well now.

Thanks again.

Hello, new to the forum here! Wanted to ask if it wasn't too much trouble there, but I have a similar issue re: my 05: I lost the rear brake light on my bike when applying the "rear brake pedal" only... the rear brake light works fine when the front lever is used or compressed. You mentioned the front left signal had wiring issues. Does anyone (or you:) have an answer or similar occurance w/ their FZ? THANX for the reply if any arrives here to this question. Workied on it for a long time this afternoon w/ NO success!!...

Did you check the switch on the brake pedal? Is it gunked up? Making proper contact? I had to
Remove mine and clean it once. Make sure the wire connections are tight as well. You can bypass the switch and see if it will come on, and eliminate a wiring issue as well.

Hello, new to the forum here! Wanted to ask if it wasn't too much trouble there, but I have a similar issue re: my 05: I lost the rear brake light on my bike when applying the "rear brake pedal" only... the rear brake light works fine when the front lever is used or compressed. You mentioned the front left signal had wiring issues. Does anyone (or you:) have an answer or similar occurance w/ their FZ? THANX for the reply if any arrives here to this question. Workied on it for a long time this afternoon w/ NO success!!...

Did you check the switch on the brake pedal? Is it gunked up? Making proper contact? I had to
Remove mine and clean it once. Make sure the wire connections are tight as well. You can bypass the switch and see if it will come on, and eliminate a wiring issue as well.

I'm going to guess that it's probably as simple as your rear brake switch not being properly adjusted. If you look at it, you'll see that the body of the switch is threaded and at the bottom there's a little metal rod connected to the switch and the brake pedal. If the switch is not adjusted properly then when you press on the brake pedal the plunger doesn't move enough to complete the circuit inside the switch...end result is that brake light wont come on. Adjust the switch and brake light should start functioning again if that was the issue.

Back