Rim Stripes

I've got blue strips on my Kobalt FZ1 and just recently put some red ones on my wife's Shift Red FZ6. Don't have any good pictures of mine, but this is a pic of the wife's yesterday morning. Even at 8:30am with the flash on, they stand out. Oh wait, you can see a slice of the blue on my kobalt behind her. :D

DSC03325.jpg

I've got blue strips on my Kobalt FZ1 and just recently put some red ones on my wife's Shift Red FZ6. Don't have any good pictures of mine, but this is a pic of the wife's yesterday morning. Even at 8:30am with the flash on, they stand out. Oh wait, you can see a slice of the blue on my kobalt behind her. :D

DSC03325.jpg

Looks good esp on an FZ6. :cool:

i've got rim stripes on my bike and i was surprised at how much better it made the bike look. funnily enough my wife also has the '07 red fz6 but im on an '07 raven fz1.

I am just curious as to how hard it is to apply them. I know when I used to apply automotive pinstripes, you had a hard time making the curves uniform since you were stretching the stripe as you went along the curve. Once they are on the rim, is it a perfect circle or do you have waves along the stripe. Billy.

The wheel stripes look great but I've read on another forum that it's quite tough to get them on without the circle getting out of whack.

Thats what I had figured as well. I however found a set on Ebay which are precut to fit the 17" Yamaha rim exactly. I spoke to the seller and he assured me that his stripes go on perfect everytime. They also have "Yamaha FZ1" cut into each which makes them look really cool. Mine were shipped out a day ago, so I should have them this week coming. Once I apply them, I will check back and tell everyone just how hard or easy it really is.

Thats what I had figured as well. I however found a set on Ebay which are precut to fit the 17\\" Yamaha rim exactly. I spoke to the seller and he assured me that his stripes go on perfect everytime. They also have \\"Yamaha FZ1\\" cut into each which makes them look really cool. Mine were shipped out a day ago, so I should have them this week coming. Once I apply them, I will check back and tell everyone just how hard or easy it really is.

sound trick them mate ,post a pic when you fit em please!:)

Hey Stonesie, Here is a pic that I got from the original Ebay listing. It doesn't show the entire rim but it's all I got right now. This week I will post some shots of the kit when it comes. Also, upon inspecting it, if I feel it's a good quality stripe, I can send you the seller's page on Ebay in case you would like to order your own. He has many different colors and also has 99.9% feedback. Everyone who has bought them in his feedback section says they are great. We'll see.

FZ1Stripe-1.jpg

that is the kit i put on mine,at start of this thread there is a pic.
actually comes as 16 precurved pieces, clean rim good ,
i actually picked bike up and spun wheels to install.
go on easy, 2500 miles later..all good :)
stands out real nice at night. In-law saw me at night go though intersection, said it looked like neon rims...:D
bike is black on black. i need to be seen at night. but still look good in the day :cool:

I received the stripes in the mail today. They look awesome. The only problem was that I didn't take my back pack today so I have to bring them home tomorrow. I didn't want them to get bent up. The quality is excellent and it looks as if they will go on very easy. I'll snap a few picks before and after. Certainly worth the 12 bucks! Billy.

Well, I made sure that I rode to work with my backpack in order to bring home the rim stripes. The only problem was that by the time I got home it was really dark so I didn't get a chance to get the front wheel off. I will have to try again tomorrow since I am off from work. If it doesn't snow that much I'll run down a pull it off. I am going to bring the wheel upstairs to apply the stripes since I can't do work in the garage due to space restrictions. Anyway, I want to clean a grease the hub and axle and also to apply the stripes at room temperature. If you saw my garage you would understand. I took a pic of the set to show before applying them. If I have them on the rim tomorrow, I will post some more pics of the finished product. Billy.

dcp_4319.jpg

Well, it's 9:35am and the front wheel came off without a hitch. I have it upstairs with me by the radiator so it can warm up a little. I used directions from Pat's Motorcycle Page to remove the wheel. Excellent directions to say the least. I do have to pick up the Clymer's Manual for this bike in the future so I don't have to print out instructions to bring downstairs with me all the time. I will post some shots for Chip and everyone else later in the day. Be careful driving or riding today and have a safe New Years Eve. Billy.

Back