Rizoma Drag Bars

I have LighTech rearsets and they scratch up real easy. You can't see it in that pic but the heel plates are worn to bare metal from my boots.

You can buy carbon fibre heel plates from MDI or Motocomposites.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apart from a couple of rides to work, I still haven't taken the bike on a proper ride to the twisties. Hopefully this weekend.

Last edited:
I fit a set of Progrip 717 grips today, they feel really nice and I hope to test the bars and grips out this weekend, everything going as planned.

Here are a few pics:

Last edited:
I finally went on a decent run today and the bars are excellent. I have heaps of leverage so it's easier to initiate a turn and that's with 10K old tyres too.
I'm very happy with the bars however after my ride on a Helibars equipped 2010 R1, I am totally confused.
I absolutely loved the R1 but my bike is awesome too. What to do? Buy an R1 or keep my bike? Decisions, decisions...

Update! I took the Drag bars off and refit my Rizoma MA005 bars and bought a set of 42mm Rizoma risers to lower the bars a little.

The Drag bars were great for cornering but a little uncomfortable when riding highways/traffic due to the super-wide position they put your arms in. I couldn't cut them and move the controls further inwards as the clutch cable housing was already hard up against the front bracket.

I would also get pain in my clutch hand after a number of applications of the clutch, like when in heavy traffic etc. I tried adjusting the height of the clutch lever but it didn't make much difference.

The MA005 bars are way more comfortable so I'll chalk this one down to experience.

The Drag bars are currently on AU EBay and Gumtree.

Back