Rox Risers won't work

Adrenaline Junkie

The Rox Risers give 2 inches of lift. The brake hose isn't long enough no matter how you route it. The clutch cable may not be long enough either but I ran out of brake hose before I ranout of clutch cable and I hadn't started re-routing the clutch cable yet.

Anyone know where to get a longer brake hose, preferably braided?

Roy

maybe not a solution...maybe is....I know that convertibars.com has longer brake cables(that I think you can purchase w/o the kit)

If I can ever get them to call me back, I'd be in business for I have the clamps, I just need the v-roc handlebar portion and I'll have the perfect setup for any style of riding I choose....

good luck..

It turns out e-bay is full of people willing to custom make braided brake cables to order. Some of them even look reputable.

I'll have to get a set ordered pretty soon.

Roy

I put Rox pivoting risers on my 09 and all I had to do was unbend the tab that keeps the brakeline junction block from turning (located on the front of the bottom triple clamp) and rotate it slightly and then reroute the throttle cables and clutch cable to behind the upper triple clamp.

That said, I didn't like the feel of the stock lines so I replaced them with the GYT/Russell braided lines from Babbitt's for $59.96 including S&H. They give a much better feel and better braking (I now feel I could stand it on it's nose if I wanted to).

Good Luck,

MrHix

Back