running too lean

burkerider

Hi people. Can someone please tell me if its possible to adjust the air fuel mixture on an 08 fz1. This is the first fuel injected bike i've had and don't know much about mapping etc. I have an oval gytr carbon fibre slip on, k&n air filter and airbox mod and will be going down a tooth on the front sprocket soon, ( who needs 140 kph in first? ) . I asked on this site about exhaust popping a few weeks ago and all seem to think i'm running lean which makes sense since i'm letting more air in. I've been out of the game for a while but i'm a fast learner, any help appreciated.

I have asked the same Q's, But I have a PC3, I dont think you can at all unless you have one. You could try blocking off the hose that runs into your air box to reduce the popping, I have heard that it works a bit, I have played around with my map at 0% throtle position. It seamed the more I riched the fuel through the rpm the more the popping went, It still slight pops still but alot better then what it was or what you have,

Will you be getting a speedo healer for the fix after you change the front sprocket? speedo will be out by about 10kmh. I would love to do it my self but its extra $$$$ after the sprocket and I think id go stupid on the bike,

Cheers

With your modifications you may very well be running a bit lean. Have you checked your plugs for color? A PC III will allow you to change your fuel mixture across the board and get it correct but I doubt that will change your popping. That's another story but your mixture should be your first concern if you don't want a "melt-down".

The stock ECU can compensate for some fueling changes and while you're bike may be a little lean in some areas, I seriously doubt it's to the point where it would cause engine damage.

On these bikes the popping on deceleration does not necessarily mean that it's running lean. It has to to with the AIS injecting additional air into the exhaust. Most people just remove (or block) the AIS to eliminate the popping.

I have asked the same Q's, But I have a PC3, I dont think you can at all unless you have one. You could try blocking off the hose that runs into your air box to reduce the popping, I have heard that it works a bit, I have played around with my map at 0% throtle position. It seamed the more I riched the fuel through the rpm the more the popping went, It still slight pops still but alot better then what it was or what you have,

Will you be getting a speedo healer for the fix after you change the front sprocket? speedo will be out by about 10kmh. I would love to do it my self but its extra $$$$ after the sprocket and I think id go stupid on the bike,

Cheers

Thanks for the input Coops. I'll wait and see how i like the new sprocket before i think about the speedo healer. I'll just get a speedo comparison running next to my brothers bike at 60, 100 etc. I'd just really like to be able to wheel stand without hitting warp speed every time.:rmwl:

Hey coops. i watched your burn out. nice one. I agree, that's how we say goodbye to a worn tire in oz. The bikes can handle it no probs, they are not that fragile.

Thanks for the input Coops. I'll wait and see how i like the new sprocket before i think about the speedo healer. I'll just get a speedo comparison running next to my brothers bike at 60, 100 etc. I'd just really like to be able to wheel stand without hitting warp speed every time.:rmwl:

If you want to wheelie at a slower speed without the clutch then all you have to do is get the bike up to about 50ks then back off for about half a second to let the front dive then hit it again. The front wheel will do the rest, you wont need to open it flat either, take ya time to get use to it,

The speedo will clock up alot of unwanted Ks on the clock, It will be out double the amount at 200kmh, But all you have to do is find out what the bike does at 60,80,100 on the rpm gauge then disconnect the speedo for a while. Thats the other thing i did on me 6r, It makes you more aware of speeding to and your Litres per hundred on the highway will go up a bit aswell,

The burn out wasnt bad, Wish I could of gone all the way up the road, still getting use to the bike myself

Cheers,

Back